Cost Of Living in Angola

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Angola

Whether you're living in Angola or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
210,000 AOA
average per month
52,000 AOA
Range
450,000 AOA

Couple
390,000 AOA
average per month
79,000 AOA
Range
630,000 AOA

Family
630,000 AOA
average per month
180,000 AOA
Range
940,000 AOA

Student
160,000 AOA
average per month
26,000 AOA
Range
340,000 AOA
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Angola is 210,000 AOA. Expenses can range from 52,000 AOA at the minimum level to 450,000 AOA at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Angola is 390,000 AOA. Expenditure can range from 79,000 AOA to 630,000 AOA per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Angola is 630,000 AOA per month. Families spend anywhere from 180,000 AOA to 940,000 AOA.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Angola is 160,000 AOA. Students spend from 26,000 AOA to 340,000 AOA per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Angola

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

52 AOA

52 AOA
52 AOA

Fast food
combo meal

520 AOA

370 AOA
870 AOA

Restaurant
meal for one

1,700 AOA

1,400 AOA
2,200 AOA

Fine dining
meal for one

4,400 AOA

2,900 AOA
5,200 AOA

Soda
Soft Drink

44 AOA

44 AOA
44 AOA

Cappuccino
or latte

350 AOA

220 AOA
520 AOA

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

260 AOA

220 AOA
290 AOA

Loaf of
bread

37 AOA

33 AOA
44 AOA

12
eggs

260 AOA

220 AOA
330 AOA

Fresh whole
chicken

610 AOA

480 AOA
750 AOA

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

690 AOA

580 AOA
870 AOA

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

370 AOA

330 AOA
440 AOA

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

170 AOA

150 AOA
220 AOA

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

190 AOA

160 AOA
200 AOA

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

180 AOA

160 AOA
200 AOA

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

260 AOA

220 AOA
520 AOA

Average car
full tank

1,700 AOA

1,300 AOA
3,500 AOA

Average car
1-day rental

1,700 AOA

1,300 AOA
2,600 AOA

Average car
price

1,300,000 AOA

660,000 AOA
1,700,000 AOA

Bus ticket
one way

66 AOA

44 AOA
130 AOA

Car
Service

2,600 AOA

1,700 AOA
5,200 AOA

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

13,000 AOA

3,100 AOA
27,000 AOA

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

16,000 AOA

3,900 AOA
31,000 AOA

Electricity
and water bill
Family

25,000 AOA

5,500 AOA
28,000 AOA

Internet
and cable

2,600 AOA

1,300 AOA
3,500 AOA

Mobile phone
charges

1,700 AOA

1,000 AOA
5,200 AOA

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

870 AOA

660 AOA
1,300 AOA

One month gym
membership

2,600 AOA

2,100 AOA
5,200 AOA

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

2,200 AOA

1,500 AOA
3,300 AOA

Woman
dress

2,000 AOA

1,500 AOA
6,600 AOA

Woman
shoes

1,900 AOA

1,400 AOA
4,400 AOA

Men
shoes

1,500 AOA

1,200 AOA
2,900 AOA

Men
suit

1,600 AOA

1,300 AOA
8,700 AOA

Regular
t-shirt

870 AOA

660 AOA
2,600 AOA

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

33,000 AOA

22,000 AOA
87,000 AOA

1-bedroom
apartment

52,000 AOA

33,000 AOA
130,000 AOA

2-bedroom
apartment

66,000 AOA

44,000 AOA
170,000 AOA

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

6,600,000 AOA

4,400,000 AOA
13,000,000 AOA

1-bedroom
apartment

8,700,000 AOA

5,200,000 AOA
33,000,000 AOA

2-bedroom
apartment

26,000,000 AOA

8,700,000 AOA
52,000,000 AOA

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

33,000 AOA

26,000 AOA
44,000 AOA

Double
Bed

26,000 AOA

17,000 AOA
33,000 AOA

Single
Bed

20,000 AOA

15,000 AOA
26,000 AOA

Living
Room

37,000 AOA

29,000 AOA
130,000 AOA

Dining
Table

17,000 AOA

13,000 AOA
33,000 AOA

Sofa
or Couch

24,000 AOA

17,000 AOA
52,000 AOA

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

26,000 AOA

17,000 AOA
52,000 AOA

Fridge
or Freezer

24,000 AOA

15,000 AOA
33,000 AOA

Washing
Machine

29,000 AOA

20,000 AOA
52,000 AOA

Stove
or Cooker

24,000 AOA

19,000 AOA
33,000 AOA

Mobile
Phone

26,000 AOA

22,000 AOA
37,000 AOA

Laptop
or Computer

29,000 AOA

24,000 AOA
52,000 AOA

How do people spend their money in Angola?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Angola

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW19,000 AOA
AVERAGE75,000 AOA
HIGH160,000 AOA
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW3,100 AOA
AVERAGE13,000 AOA
HIGH27,000 AOA
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW4,200 AOA
AVERAGE17,000 AOA
HIGH36,000 AOA
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW8,400 AOA
AVERAGE34,000 AOA
HIGH71,000 AOA
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW4,700 AOA
AVERAGE19,000 AOA
HIGH40,000 AOA
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW2,600 AOA
AVERAGE10,000 AOA
HIGH22,000 AOA
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW1,000 AOA
AVERAGE4,200 AOA
HIGH8,900 AOA
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW9,400 AOA
AVERAGE38,000 AOA
HIGH80,000 AOA
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Angola

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW26,000 AOA
AVERAGE130,000 AOA
HIGH210,000 AOA
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW3,900 AOA
AVERAGE16,000 AOA
HIGH31,000 AOA
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW9,400 AOA
AVERAGE47,000 AOA
HIGH75,000 AOA
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW11,000 AOA
AVERAGE55,000 AOA
HIGH88,000 AOA
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW8,600 AOA
AVERAGE43,000 AOA
HIGH69,000 AOA
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW4,700 AOA
AVERAGE24,000 AOA
HIGH38,000 AOA
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW1,600 AOA
AVERAGE7,900 AOA
HIGH13,000 AOA
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW13,000 AOA
AVERAGE67,000 AOA
HIGH110,000 AOA
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Angola

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW59,000 AOA
AVERAGE200,000 AOA
HIGH300,000 AOA
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW5,500 AOA
AVERAGE25,000 AOA
HIGH28,000 AOA
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW15,000 AOA
AVERAGE50,000 AOA
HIGH75,000 AOA
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW33,000 AOA
AVERAGE110,000 AOA
HIGH170,000 AOA
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW15,000 AOA
AVERAGE50,000 AOA
HIGH75,000 AOA
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW9,200 AOA
AVERAGE31,000 AOA
HIGH47,000 AOA
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW26,000 AOA
AVERAGE88,000 AOA
HIGH130,000 AOA
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW22,000 AOA
AVERAGE75,000 AOA
HIGH110,000 AOA
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Angola

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW6,300 AOA
AVERAGE38,000 AOA
HIGH82,000 AOA
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW1,000 AOA
AVERAGE6,300 AOA
HIGH14,000 AOA
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW1,800 AOA
AVERAGE11,000 AOA
HIGH24,000 AOA
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW5,200 AOA
AVERAGE31,000 AOA
HIGH68,000 AOA
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW1,600 AOA
AVERAGE9,400 AOA
HIGH20,000 AOA
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW1,300 AOA
AVERAGE7,900 AOA
HIGH17,000 AOA
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW5,000 AOA
AVERAGE30,000 AOA
HIGH65,000 AOA
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW3,900 AOA
AVERAGE24,000 AOA
HIGH51,000 AOA
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Angola typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 110,000 AOA with expenditure ranging from 27,000 AOA and 190,000 AOA. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Angola ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 15,000 AOA with 3,400 AOA and 25,000 AOA being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 7,500 AOA to 53,000 AOA on commuting with 31,000 AOA being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Angola is 58,000 AOA. The cost of groceries can range between 14,000 AOA to 99,000 AOA. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Angola allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 7,400 AOA to 51,000 AOA with 30,000 AOA being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 4,500 AOA to 31,000 AOA with 18,000 AOA being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 33,000 AOA per month with 8,300 AOA being the minimum spent amount and 55,000 AOA being the maximum.

©copound