Cost Of Living in Antigua and Barbuda

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Antigua and Barbuda

Whether you're living in Antigua and Barbuda or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
3,600 XCD
average per month
910 XCD
Range
7,700 XCD

Couple
6,800 XCD
average per month
1,400 XCD
Range
11,000 XCD

Family
11,000 XCD
average per month
3,200 XCD
Range
16,000 XCD

Student
2,700 XCD
average per month
450 XCD
Range
5,900 XCD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Antigua and Barbuda is 3,600 XCD. Expenses can range from 910 XCD at the minimum level to 7,700 XCD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Antigua and Barbuda is 6,800 XCD. Expenditure can range from 1,400 XCD to 11,000 XCD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Antigua and Barbuda is 11,000 XCD per month. Families spend anywhere from 3,200 XCD to 16,000 XCD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Antigua and Barbuda is 2,700 XCD. Students spend from 450 XCD to 5,900 XCD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Antigua and Barbuda

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.91 XCD

0.91 XCD
0.91 XCD

Fast food
combo meal

9.1 XCD

6.5 XCD
15 XCD

Restaurant
meal for one

30 XCD

24 XCD
38 XCD

Fine dining
meal for one

75 XCD

50 XCD
91 XCD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.75 XCD

0.75 XCD
0.75 XCD

Cappuccino
or latte

6.0 XCD

3.8 XCD
9.1 XCD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

4.5 XCD

3.8 XCD
5.0 XCD

Loaf of
bread

0.65 XCD

0.57 XCD
0.75 XCD

12
eggs

4.5 XCD

3.8 XCD
5.7 XCD

Fresh whole
chicken

11 XCD

8.2 XCD
13 XCD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

12 XCD

10 XCD
15 XCD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

6.5 XCD

5.7 XCD
7.6 XCD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

3.0 XCD

2.5 XCD
3.8 XCD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

3.2 XCD

2.8 XCD
3.5 XCD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

3.1 XCD

2.7 XCD
3.5 XCD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

4.5 XCD

3.8 XCD
9.1 XCD

Average car
full tank

30 XCD

23 XCD
60 XCD

Average car
1-day rental

30 XCD

23 XCD
45 XCD

Average car
price

23,000 XCD

11,000 XCD
30,000 XCD

Bus ticket
one way

1.1 XCD

0.75 XCD
2.3 XCD

Car
Service

45 XCD

30 XCD
91 XCD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

220 XCD

54 XCD
460 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

270 XCD

68 XCD
540 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

430 XCD

95 XCD
490 XCD

Internet
and cable

45 XCD

23 XCD
60 XCD

Mobile phone
charges

30 XCD

18 XCD
91 XCD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

15 XCD

11 XCD
23 XCD

One month gym
membership

45 XCD

36 XCD
91 XCD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

38 XCD

27 XCD
57 XCD

Woman
dress

35 XCD

25 XCD
110 XCD

Woman
shoes

32 XCD

24 XCD
75 XCD

Men
shoes

25 XCD

21 XCD
50 XCD

Men
suit

28 XCD

23 XCD
150 XCD

Regular
t-shirt

15 XCD

11 XCD
45 XCD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

570 XCD

380 XCD
1,500 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

910 XCD

570 XCD
2,300 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

1,100 XCD

750 XCD
3,000 XCD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

110,000 XCD

75,000 XCD
230,000 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

150,000 XCD

91,000 XCD
570,000 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

450,000 XCD

150,000 XCD
910,000 XCD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

570 XCD

450 XCD
750 XCD

Double
Bed

450 XCD

300 XCD
570 XCD

Single
Bed

350 XCD

270 XCD
450 XCD

Living
Room

650 XCD

500 XCD
2,300 XCD

Dining
Table

300 XCD

230 XCD
570 XCD

Sofa
or Couch

410 XCD

300 XCD
910 XCD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

450 XCD

300 XCD
910 XCD

Fridge
or Freezer

410 XCD

270 XCD
570 XCD

Washing
Machine

500 XCD

350 XCD
910 XCD

Stove
or Cooker

410 XCD

320 XCD
570 XCD

Mobile
Phone

450 XCD

380 XCD
650 XCD

Laptop
or Computer

500 XCD

410 XCD
910 XCD

How do people spend their money in Antigua and Barbuda?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Antigua and Barbuda

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW330 XCD
AVERAGE1,300 XCD
HIGH2,800 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW54 XCD
AVERAGE220 XCD
HIGH460 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW72 XCD
AVERAGE290 XCD
HIGH620 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW140 XCD
AVERAGE580 XCD
HIGH1,200 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW82 XCD
AVERAGE330 XCD
HIGH690 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW45 XCD
AVERAGE180 XCD
HIGH380 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 XCD
AVERAGE72 XCD
HIGH150 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW160 XCD
AVERAGE650 XCD
HIGH1,400 XCD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Antigua and Barbuda

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW450 XCD
AVERAGE2,200 XCD
HIGH3,600 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW68 XCD
AVERAGE270 XCD
HIGH540 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW160 XCD
AVERAGE820 XCD
HIGH1,300 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW190 XCD
AVERAGE950 XCD
HIGH1,500 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW150 XCD
AVERAGE750 XCD
HIGH1,200 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW82 XCD
AVERAGE410 XCD
HIGH650 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW27 XCD
AVERAGE140 XCD
HIGH220 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW230 XCD
AVERAGE1,200 XCD
HIGH1,800 XCD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Antigua and Barbuda

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW1,000 XCD
AVERAGE3,500 XCD
HIGH5,200 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW95 XCD
AVERAGE430 XCD
HIGH490 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW250 XCD
AVERAGE870 XCD
HIGH1,300 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW570 XCD
AVERAGE2,000 XCD
HIGH2,900 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW250 XCD
AVERAGE870 XCD
HIGH1,300 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW160 XCD
AVERAGE540 XCD
HIGH820 XCD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW440 XCD
AVERAGE1,500 XCD
HIGH2,300 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW380 XCD
AVERAGE1,300 XCD
HIGH2,000 XCD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Antigua and Barbuda

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE650 XCD
HIGH1,400 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW18 XCD
AVERAGE110 XCD
HIGH240 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW32 XCD
AVERAGE190 XCD
HIGH410 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW91 XCD
AVERAGE540 XCD
HIGH1,200 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW27 XCD
AVERAGE160 XCD
HIGH350 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW23 XCD
AVERAGE140 XCD
HIGH290 XCD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW86 XCD
AVERAGE520 XCD
HIGH1,100 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW68 XCD
AVERAGE410 XCD
HIGH880 XCD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Antigua and Barbuda typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,900 XCD with expenditure ranging from 470 XCD and 3,200 XCD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Antigua and Barbuda ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 260 XCD with 59 XCD and 430 XCD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 130 XCD to 910 XCD on commuting with 540 XCD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Antigua and Barbuda is 1,000 XCD. The cost of groceries can range between 250 XCD to 1,700 XCD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Antigua and Barbuda allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 130 XCD to 890 XCD with 530 XCD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 77 XCD to 540 XCD with 320 XCD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 560 XCD per month with 140 XCD being the minimum spent amount and 940 XCD being the maximum.

©copound