Cost Of Living in Argentina

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Argentina

Whether you're living in Argentina or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
36,000 ARS
average per month
9,100 ARS
Range
77,000 ARS

Couple
68,000 ARS
average per month
14,000 ARS
Range
110,000 ARS

Family
110,000 ARS
average per month
32,000 ARS
Range
160,000 ARS

Student
27,000 ARS
average per month
4,500 ARS
Range
59,000 ARS
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Argentina is 36,000 ARS. Expenses can range from 9,100 ARS at the minimum level to 77,000 ARS at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Argentina is 68,000 ARS. Expenditure can range from 14,000 ARS to 110,000 ARS per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Argentina is 110,000 ARS per month. Families spend anywhere from 32,000 ARS to 160,000 ARS.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Argentina is 27,000 ARS. Students spend from 4,500 ARS to 59,000 ARS per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Argentina

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

9.1 ARS

9.1 ARS
9.1 ARS

Fast food
combo meal

91 ARS

65 ARS
150 ARS

Restaurant
meal for one

300 ARS

240 ARS
380 ARS

Fine dining
meal for one

760 ARS

500 ARS
910 ARS

Soda
Soft Drink

7.6 ARS

7.6 ARS
7.6 ARS

Cappuccino
or latte

60 ARS

38 ARS
91 ARS

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

45 ARS

38 ARS
50 ARS

Loaf of
bread

6.5 ARS

5.7 ARS
7.6 ARS

12
eggs

45 ARS

38 ARS
57 ARS

Fresh whole
chicken

110 ARS

82 ARS
130 ARS

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

120 ARS

100 ARS
150 ARS

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

65 ARS

57 ARS
76 ARS

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

30 ARS

25 ARS
38 ARS

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

32 ARS

28 ARS
35 ARS

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

31 ARS

27 ARS
35 ARS

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

45 ARS

38 ARS
91 ARS

Average car
full tank

300 ARS

230 ARS
600 ARS

Average car
1-day rental

300 ARS

230 ARS
450 ARS

Average car
price

230,000 ARS

110,000 ARS
300,000 ARS

Bus ticket
one way

11 ARS

7.6 ARS
23 ARS

Car
Service

450 ARS

300 ARS
910 ARS

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

2,200 ARS

540 ARS
4,600 ARS

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

2,700 ARS

680 ARS
5,400 ARS

Electricity
and water bill
Family

4,400 ARS

950 ARS
4,900 ARS

Internet
and cable

450 ARS

230 ARS
600 ARS

Mobile phone
charges

300 ARS

180 ARS
910 ARS

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

150 ARS

110 ARS
230 ARS

One month gym
membership

450 ARS

360 ARS
910 ARS

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

380 ARS

270 ARS
570 ARS

Woman
dress

350 ARS

250 ARS
1,100 ARS

Woman
shoes

320 ARS

240 ARS
760 ARS

Men
shoes

250 ARS

210 ARS
500 ARS

Men
suit

280 ARS

230 ARS
1,500 ARS

Regular
t-shirt

150 ARS

110 ARS
450 ARS

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

5,700 ARS

3,800 ARS
15,000 ARS

1-bedroom
apartment

9,100 ARS

5,700 ARS
23,000 ARS

2-bedroom
apartment

11,000 ARS

7,600 ARS
30,000 ARS

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

1,100,000 ARS

760,000 ARS
2,300,000 ARS

1-bedroom
apartment

1,500,000 ARS

910,000 ARS
5,700,000 ARS

2-bedroom
apartment

4,500,000 ARS

1,500,000 ARS
9,100,000 ARS

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

5,700 ARS

4,500 ARS
7,600 ARS

Double
Bed

4,500 ARS

3,000 ARS
5,700 ARS

Single
Bed

3,500 ARS

2,700 ARS
4,500 ARS

Living
Room

6,500 ARS

5,000 ARS
23,000 ARS

Dining
Table

3,000 ARS

2,300 ARS
5,700 ARS

Sofa
or Couch

4,100 ARS

3,000 ARS
9,100 ARS

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

4,500 ARS

3,000 ARS
9,100 ARS

Fridge
or Freezer

4,100 ARS

2,700 ARS
5,700 ARS

Washing
Machine

5,000 ARS

3,500 ARS
9,100 ARS

Stove
or Cooker

4,100 ARS

3,200 ARS
5,700 ARS

Mobile
Phone

4,500 ARS

3,800 ARS
6,500 ARS

Laptop
or Computer

5,000 ARS

4,100 ARS
9,100 ARS

How do people spend their money in Argentina?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Argentina

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW3,300 ARS
AVERAGE13,000 ARS
HIGH28,000 ARS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW540 ARS
AVERAGE2,200 ARS
HIGH4,600 ARS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW730 ARS
AVERAGE2,900 ARS
HIGH6,200 ARS
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW1,500 ARS
AVERAGE5,800 ARS
HIGH12,000 ARS
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW820 ARS
AVERAGE3,300 ARS
HIGH6,900 ARS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW450 ARS
AVERAGE1,800 ARS
HIGH3,900 ARS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW180 ARS
AVERAGE730 ARS
HIGH1,500 ARS
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW1,600 ARS
AVERAGE6,500 ARS
HIGH14,000 ARS
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Argentina

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW4,500 ARS
AVERAGE22,000 ARS
HIGH36,000 ARS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW680 ARS
AVERAGE2,700 ARS
HIGH5,400 ARS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW1,600 ARS
AVERAGE8,200 ARS
HIGH13,000 ARS
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW1,900 ARS
AVERAGE9,500 ARS
HIGH15,000 ARS
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW1,500 ARS
AVERAGE7,500 ARS
HIGH12,000 ARS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW820 ARS
AVERAGE4,100 ARS
HIGH6,500 ARS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW270 ARS
AVERAGE1,400 ARS
HIGH2,200 ARS
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW2,300 ARS
AVERAGE12,000 ARS
HIGH18,000 ARS
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Argentina

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW10,000 ARS
AVERAGE35,000 ARS
HIGH52,000 ARS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW950 ARS
AVERAGE4,400 ARS
HIGH4,900 ARS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW2,500 ARS
AVERAGE8,700 ARS
HIGH13,000 ARS
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW5,700 ARS
AVERAGE20,000 ARS
HIGH29,000 ARS
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW2,500 ARS
AVERAGE8,700 ARS
HIGH13,000 ARS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW1,600 ARS
AVERAGE5,400 ARS
HIGH8,200 ARS
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW4,400 ARS
AVERAGE15,000 ARS
HIGH23,000 ARS
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW3,800 ARS
AVERAGE13,000 ARS
HIGH20,000 ARS
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Argentina

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW1,100 ARS
AVERAGE6,500 ARS
HIGH14,000 ARS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW180 ARS
AVERAGE1,100 ARS
HIGH2,400 ARS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW320 ARS
AVERAGE1,900 ARS
HIGH4,100 ARS
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW910 ARS
AVERAGE5,400 ARS
HIGH12,000 ARS
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW270 ARS
AVERAGE1,600 ARS
HIGH3,500 ARS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW230 ARS
AVERAGE1,400 ARS
HIGH2,900 ARS
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW860 ARS
AVERAGE5,200 ARS
HIGH11,000 ARS
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW680 ARS
AVERAGE4,100 ARS
HIGH8,800 ARS
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Argentina typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 19,000 ARS with expenditure ranging from 4,700 ARS and 32,000 ARS. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Argentina ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 2,600 ARS with 590 ARS and 4,300 ARS being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 1,300 ARS to 9,100 ARS on commuting with 5,400 ARS being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Argentina is 10,000 ARS. The cost of groceries can range between 2,500 ARS to 17,000 ARS. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Argentina allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 1,300 ARS to 8,900 ARS with 5,300 ARS being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 770 ARS to 5,400 ARS with 3,200 ARS being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 5,600 ARS per month with 1,400 ARS being the minimum spent amount and 9,400 ARS being the maximum.

©copound