Cost Of Living in Armenia

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Armenia

Whether you're living in Armenia or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
620,000 AMD
average per month
160,000 AMD
Range
1,300,000 AMD

Couple
1,200,000 AMD
average per month
230,000 AMD
Range
1,900,000 AMD

Family
1,900,000 AMD
average per month
540,000 AMD
Range
2,800,000 AMD

Student
470,000 AMD
average per month
78,000 AMD
Range
1,000,000 AMD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Armenia is 620,000 AMD. Expenses can range from 160,000 AMD at the minimum level to 1,300,000 AMD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Armenia is 1,200,000 AMD. Expenditure can range from 230,000 AMD to 1,900,000 AMD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Armenia is 1,900,000 AMD per month. Families spend anywhere from 540,000 AMD to 2,800,000 AMD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Armenia is 470,000 AMD. Students spend from 78,000 AMD to 1,000,000 AMD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Armenia

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

160 AMD

160 AMD
160 AMD

Fast food
combo meal

1,600 AMD

1,100 AMD
2,600 AMD

Restaurant
meal for one

5,200 AMD

4,100 AMD
6,500 AMD

Fine dining
meal for one

13,000 AMD

8,600 AMD
16,000 AMD

Soda
Soft Drink

130 AMD

130 AMD
130 AMD

Cappuccino
or latte

1,000 AMD

650 AMD
1,600 AMD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

780 AMD

650 AMD
860 AMD

Loaf of
bread

110 AMD

97 AMD
130 AMD

12
eggs

780 AMD

650 AMD
970 AMD

Fresh whole
chicken

1,800 AMD

1,400 AMD
2,200 AMD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

2,000 AMD

1,700 AMD
2,600 AMD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

1,100 AMD

970 AMD
1,300 AMD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

520 AMD

430 AMD
650 AMD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

560 AMD

490 AMD
600 AMD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

540 AMD

470 AMD
600 AMD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

780 AMD

650 AMD
1,600 AMD

Average car
full tank

5,200 AMD

3,900 AMD
10,000 AMD

Average car
1-day rental

5,200 AMD

3,900 AMD
7,800 AMD

Average car
price

3,900,000 AMD

1,900,000 AMD
5,200,000 AMD

Bus ticket
one way

190 AMD

130 AMD
390 AMD

Car
Service

7,800 AMD

5,200 AMD
16,000 AMD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

37,000 AMD

9,300 AMD
79,000 AMD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

47,000 AMD

12,000 AMD
93,000 AMD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

75,000 AMD

16,000 AMD
84,000 AMD

Internet
and cable

7,800 AMD

3,900 AMD
10,000 AMD

Mobile phone
charges

5,200 AMD

3,100 AMD
16,000 AMD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

2,600 AMD

1,900 AMD
3,900 AMD

One month gym
membership

7,800 AMD

6,200 AMD
16,000 AMD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

6,500 AMD

4,600 AMD
9,700 AMD

Woman
dress

6,000 AMD

4,300 AMD
19,000 AMD

Woman
shoes

5,600 AMD

4,100 AMD
13,000 AMD

Men
shoes

4,300 AMD

3,500 AMD
8,600 AMD

Men
suit

4,900 AMD

3,900 AMD
26,000 AMD

Regular
t-shirt

2,600 AMD

1,900 AMD
7,800 AMD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

97,000 AMD

65,000 AMD
260,000 AMD

1-bedroom
apartment

160,000 AMD

97,000 AMD
390,000 AMD

2-bedroom
apartment

190,000 AMD

130,000 AMD
520,000 AMD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

19,000,000 AMD

13,000,000 AMD
39,000,000 AMD

1-bedroom
apartment

26,000,000 AMD

16,000,000 AMD
97,000,000 AMD

2-bedroom
apartment

78,000,000 AMD

26,000,000 AMD
160,000,000 AMD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

97,000 AMD

78,000 AMD
130,000 AMD

Double
Bed

78,000 AMD

52,000 AMD
97,000 AMD

Single
Bed

60,000 AMD

46,000 AMD
78,000 AMD

Living
Room

110,000 AMD

86,000 AMD
390,000 AMD

Dining
Table

52,000 AMD

39,000 AMD
97,000 AMD

Sofa
or Couch

71,000 AMD

52,000 AMD
160,000 AMD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

78,000 AMD

52,000 AMD
160,000 AMD

Fridge
or Freezer

71,000 AMD

46,000 AMD
97,000 AMD

Washing
Machine

86,000 AMD

60,000 AMD
160,000 AMD

Stove
or Cooker

71,000 AMD

56,000 AMD
97,000 AMD

Mobile
Phone

78,000 AMD

65,000 AMD
110,000 AMD

Laptop
or Computer

86,000 AMD

71,000 AMD
160,000 AMD

How do people spend their money in Armenia?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Armenia

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW56,000 AMD
AVERAGE220,000 AMD
HIGH480,000 AMD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW9,300 AMD
AVERAGE37,000 AMD
HIGH79,000 AMD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW12,000 AMD
AVERAGE50,000 AMD
HIGH110,000 AMD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW25,000 AMD
AVERAGE100,000 AMD
HIGH210,000 AMD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW14,000 AMD
AVERAGE56,000 AMD
HIGH120,000 AMD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW7,800 AMD
AVERAGE31,000 AMD
HIGH66,000 AMD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW3,100 AMD
AVERAGE12,000 AMD
HIGH26,000 AMD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW28,000 AMD
AVERAGE110,000 AMD
HIGH240,000 AMD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Armenia

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW77,000 AMD
AVERAGE390,000 AMD
HIGH620,000 AMD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW12,000 AMD
AVERAGE47,000 AMD
HIGH93,000 AMD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW28,000 AMD
AVERAGE140,000 AMD
HIGH220,000 AMD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW33,000 AMD
AVERAGE160,000 AMD
HIGH260,000 AMD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW26,000 AMD
AVERAGE130,000 AMD
HIGH210,000 AMD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW14,000 AMD
AVERAGE70,000 AMD
HIGH110,000 AMD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW4,700 AMD
AVERAGE23,000 AMD
HIGH37,000 AMD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW40,000 AMD
AVERAGE200,000 AMD
HIGH320,000 AMD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Armenia

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW170,000 AMD
AVERAGE600,000 AMD
HIGH900,000 AMD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW16,000 AMD
AVERAGE75,000 AMD
HIGH84,000 AMD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW44,000 AMD
AVERAGE150,000 AMD
HIGH220,000 AMD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW98,000 AMD
AVERAGE340,000 AMD
HIGH500,000 AMD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW44,000 AMD
AVERAGE150,000 AMD
HIGH220,000 AMD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW27,000 AMD
AVERAGE93,000 AMD
HIGH140,000 AMD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW76,000 AMD
AVERAGE260,000 AMD
HIGH390,000 AMD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW65,000 AMD
AVERAGE220,000 AMD
HIGH340,000 AMD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Armenia

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW19,000 AMD
AVERAGE110,000 AMD
HIGH240,000 AMD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW3,100 AMD
AVERAGE19,000 AMD
HIGH40,000 AMD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW5,400 AMD
AVERAGE33,000 AMD
HIGH71,000 AMD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW16,000 AMD
AVERAGE93,000 AMD
HIGH200,000 AMD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW4,700 AMD
AVERAGE28,000 AMD
HIGH61,000 AMD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW3,900 AMD
AVERAGE23,000 AMD
HIGH51,000 AMD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW15,000 AMD
AVERAGE89,000 AMD
HIGH190,000 AMD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW12,000 AMD
AVERAGE70,000 AMD
HIGH150,000 AMD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Armenia typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 330,000 AMD with expenditure ranging from 81,000 AMD and 560,000 AMD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Armenia ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 44,000 AMD with 10,000 AMD and 74,000 AMD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 22,000 AMD to 160,000 AMD on commuting with 93,000 AMD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Armenia is 170,000 AMD. The cost of groceries can range between 43,000 AMD to 290,000 AMD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Armenia allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 22,000 AMD to 150,000 AMD with 90,000 AMD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 13,000 AMD to 92,000 AMD with 54,000 AMD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 96,000 AMD per month with 25,000 AMD being the minimum spent amount and 160,000 AMD being the maximum.

©copound