Cost Of Living in Aruba

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Aruba

Whether you're living in Aruba or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
1,800 AWG
average per month
450 AWG
Range
3,900 AWG

Couple
3,400 AWG
average per month
680 AWG
Range
5,500 AWG

Family
5,500 AWG
average per month
1,600 AWG
Range
8,200 AWG

Student
1,400 AWG
average per month
230 AWG
Range
3,000 AWG
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Aruba is 1,800 AWG. Expenses can range from 450 AWG at the minimum level to 3,900 AWG at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Aruba is 3,400 AWG. Expenditure can range from 680 AWG to 5,500 AWG per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Aruba is 5,500 AWG per month. Families spend anywhere from 1,600 AWG to 8,200 AWG.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Aruba is 1,400 AWG. Students spend from 230 AWG to 3,000 AWG per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Aruba

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.45 AWG

0.45 AWG
0.45 AWG

Fast food
combo meal

4.5 AWG

3.2 AWG
7.6 AWG

Restaurant
meal for one

15 AWG

12 AWG
19 AWG

Fine dining
meal for one

38 AWG

25 AWG
45 AWG

Soda
Soft Drink

0.38 AWG

0.38 AWG
0.38 AWG

Cappuccino
or latte

3.0 AWG

1.9 AWG
4.5 AWG

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

2.3 AWG

1.9 AWG
2.5 AWG

Loaf of
bread

0.32 AWG

0.28 AWG
0.38 AWG

12
eggs

2.3 AWG

1.9 AWG
2.8 AWG

Fresh whole
chicken

5.3 AWG

4.1 AWG
6.5 AWG

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

6.0 AWG

5.1 AWG
7.6 AWG

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

3.2 AWG

2.8 AWG
3.8 AWG

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

1.5 AWG

1.3 AWG
1.9 AWG

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

1.6 AWG

1.4 AWG
1.8 AWG

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

1.6 AWG

1.4 AWG
1.8 AWG

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

2.3 AWG

1.9 AWG
4.5 AWG

Average car
full tank

15 AWG

11 AWG
30 AWG

Average car
1-day rental

15 AWG

11 AWG
23 AWG

Average car
price

11,000 AWG

5,700 AWG
15,000 AWG

Bus ticket
one way

0.57 AWG

0.38 AWG
1.1 AWG

Car
Service

23 AWG

15 AWG
45 AWG

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

110 AWG

27 AWG
230 AWG

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

140 AWG

34 AWG
270 AWG

Electricity
and water bill
Family

220 AWG

48 AWG
250 AWG

Internet
and cable

23 AWG

11 AWG
30 AWG

Mobile phone
charges

15 AWG

9.1 AWG
45 AWG

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

7.6 AWG

5.7 AWG
11 AWG

One month gym
membership

23 AWG

18 AWG
45 AWG

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

19 AWG

13 AWG
28 AWG

Woman
dress

17 AWG

13 AWG
57 AWG

Woman
shoes

16 AWG

12 AWG
38 AWG

Men
shoes

13 AWG

10 AWG
25 AWG

Men
suit

14 AWG

11 AWG
76 AWG

Regular
t-shirt

7.6 AWG

5.7 AWG
23 AWG

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

280 AWG

190 AWG
760 AWG

1-bedroom
apartment

450 AWG

280 AWG
1,100 AWG

2-bedroom
apartment

570 AWG

380 AWG
1,500 AWG

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

57,000 AWG

38,000 AWG
110,000 AWG

1-bedroom
apartment

76,000 AWG

45,000 AWG
280,000 AWG

2-bedroom
apartment

230,000 AWG

76,000 AWG
450,000 AWG

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

280 AWG

230 AWG
380 AWG

Double
Bed

230 AWG

150 AWG
280 AWG

Single
Bed

170 AWG

130 AWG
230 AWG

Living
Room

320 AWG

250 AWG
1,100 AWG

Dining
Table

150 AWG

110 AWG
280 AWG

Sofa
or Couch

210 AWG

150 AWG
450 AWG

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

230 AWG

150 AWG
450 AWG

Fridge
or Freezer

210 AWG

130 AWG
280 AWG

Washing
Machine

250 AWG

170 AWG
450 AWG

Stove
or Cooker

210 AWG

160 AWG
280 AWG

Mobile
Phone

230 AWG

190 AWG
320 AWG

Laptop
or Computer

250 AWG

210 AWG
450 AWG

How do people spend their money in Aruba?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Aruba

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW160 AWG
AVERAGE650 AWG
HIGH1,400 AWG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW27 AWG
AVERAGE110 AWG
HIGH230 AWG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW36 AWG
AVERAGE150 AWG
HIGH310 AWG
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW73 AWG
AVERAGE290 AWG
HIGH620 AWG
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW41 AWG
AVERAGE160 AWG
HIGH350 AWG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW23 AWG
AVERAGE91 AWG
HIGH190 AWG
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW9.1 AWG
AVERAGE36 AWG
HIGH77 AWG
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW82 AWG
AVERAGE330 AWG
HIGH690 AWG
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Aruba

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW220 AWG
AVERAGE1,100 AWG
HIGH1,800 AWG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW34 AWG
AVERAGE140 AWG
HIGH270 AWG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW82 AWG
AVERAGE410 AWG
HIGH650 AWG
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW95 AWG
AVERAGE480 AWG
HIGH760 AWG
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW75 AWG
AVERAGE370 AWG
HIGH600 AWG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW41 AWG
AVERAGE200 AWG
HIGH330 AWG
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW14 AWG
AVERAGE68 AWG
HIGH110 AWG
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW120 AWG
AVERAGE580 AWG
HIGH930 AWG
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Aruba

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW510 AWG
AVERAGE1,700 AWG
HIGH2,600 AWG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW48 AWG
AVERAGE220 AWG
HIGH250 AWG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW130 AWG
AVERAGE440 AWG
HIGH650 AWG
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW290 AWG
AVERAGE980 AWG
HIGH1,500 AWG
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW130 AWG
AVERAGE440 AWG
HIGH650 AWG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW79 AWG
AVERAGE270 AWG
HIGH410 AWG
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW220 AWG
AVERAGE760 AWG
HIGH1,100 AWG
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW190 AWG
AVERAGE650 AWG
HIGH980 AWG
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Aruba

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW55 AWG
AVERAGE330 AWG
HIGH710 AWG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW9.1 AWG
AVERAGE55 AWG
HIGH120 AWG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW16 AWG
AVERAGE95 AWG
HIGH210 AWG
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW45 AWG
AVERAGE270 AWG
HIGH590 AWG
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW14 AWG
AVERAGE82 AWG
HIGH180 AWG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW11 AWG
AVERAGE68 AWG
HIGH150 AWG
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW43 AWG
AVERAGE260 AWG
HIGH560 AWG
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW34 AWG
AVERAGE200 AWG
HIGH440 AWG
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Aruba typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 960 AWG with expenditure ranging from 240 AWG and 1,600 AWG. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Aruba ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 130 AWG with 30 AWG and 220 AWG being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 65 AWG to 460 AWG on commuting with 270 AWG being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Aruba is 510 AWG. The cost of groceries can range between 120 AWG to 860 AWG. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Aruba allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 64 AWG to 440 AWG with 260 AWG being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 39 AWG to 270 AWG with 160 AWG being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 280 AWG per month with 72 AWG being the minimum spent amount and 470 AWG being the maximum.

©copound