Cost Of Living in Azerbaijan

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Azerbaijan

Whether you're living in Azerbaijan or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,400 AZN
average per month
590 AZN
Range
5,000 AZN

Couple
4,400 AZN
average per month
890 AZN
Range
7,100 AZN

Family
7,100 AZN
average per month
2,100 AZN
Range
11,000 AZN

Student
1,800 AZN
average per month
300 AZN
Range
3,800 AZN
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Azerbaijan is 2,400 AZN. Expenses can range from 590 AZN at the minimum level to 5,000 AZN at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Azerbaijan is 4,400 AZN. Expenditure can range from 890 AZN to 7,100 AZN per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Azerbaijan is 7,100 AZN per month. Families spend anywhere from 2,100 AZN to 11,000 AZN.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Azerbaijan is 1,800 AZN. Students spend from 300 AZN to 3,800 AZN per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Azerbaijan

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.59 AZN

0.59 AZN
0.59 AZN

Fast food
combo meal

5.9 AZN

4.2 AZN
9.9 AZN

Restaurant
meal for one

20 AZN

16 AZN
25 AZN

Fine dining
meal for one

49 AZN

33 AZN
59 AZN

Soda
Soft Drink

0.49 AZN

0.49 AZN
0.49 AZN

Cappuccino
or latte

4.0 AZN

2.5 AZN
5.9 AZN

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

3.0 AZN

2.5 AZN
3.3 AZN

Loaf of
bread

0.42 AZN

0.37 AZN
0.49 AZN

12
eggs

3.0 AZN

2.5 AZN
3.7 AZN

Fresh whole
chicken

6.9 AZN

5.4 AZN
8.5 AZN

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

7.8 AZN

6.6 AZN
9.9 AZN

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

4.2 AZN

3.7 AZN
4.9 AZN

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 AZN

1.6 AZN
2.5 AZN

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

2.1 AZN

1.9 AZN
2.3 AZN

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 AZN

1.8 AZN
2.3 AZN

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

3.0 AZN

2.5 AZN
5.9 AZN

Average car
full tank

20 AZN

15 AZN
39 AZN

Average car
1-day rental

20 AZN

15 AZN
30 AZN

Average car
price

15,000 AZN

7,400 AZN
20,000 AZN

Bus ticket
one way

0.74 AZN

0.49 AZN
1.5 AZN

Car
Service

30 AZN

20 AZN
59 AZN

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

140 AZN

36 AZN
300 AZN

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

180 AZN

44 AZN
360 AZN

Electricity
and water bill
Family

280 AZN

62 AZN
320 AZN

Internet
and cable

30 AZN

15 AZN
39 AZN

Mobile phone
charges

20 AZN

12 AZN
59 AZN

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

9.9 AZN

7.4 AZN
15 AZN

One month gym
membership

30 AZN

24 AZN
59 AZN

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

25 AZN

17 AZN
37 AZN

Woman
dress

23 AZN

16 AZN
74 AZN

Woman
shoes

21 AZN

16 AZN
49 AZN

Men
shoes

16 AZN

13 AZN
33 AZN

Men
suit

19 AZN

15 AZN
99 AZN

Regular
t-shirt

9.9 AZN

7.4 AZN
30 AZN

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

370 AZN

250 AZN
990 AZN

1-bedroom
apartment

590 AZN

370 AZN
1,500 AZN

2-bedroom
apartment

740 AZN

490 AZN
2,000 AZN

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

74,000 AZN

49,000 AZN
150,000 AZN

1-bedroom
apartment

99,000 AZN

59,000 AZN
370,000 AZN

2-bedroom
apartment

300,000 AZN

99,000 AZN
590,000 AZN

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

370 AZN

300 AZN
490 AZN

Double
Bed

300 AZN

200 AZN
370 AZN

Single
Bed

230 AZN

170 AZN
300 AZN

Living
Room

420 AZN

330 AZN
1,500 AZN

Dining
Table

200 AZN

150 AZN
370 AZN

Sofa
or Couch

270 AZN

200 AZN
590 AZN

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

300 AZN

200 AZN
590 AZN

Fridge
or Freezer

270 AZN

170 AZN
370 AZN

Washing
Machine

330 AZN

230 AZN
590 AZN

Stove
or Cooker

270 AZN

210 AZN
370 AZN

Mobile
Phone

300 AZN

250 AZN
420 AZN

Laptop
or Computer

330 AZN

270 AZN
590 AZN

How do people spend their money in Azerbaijan?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Azerbaijan

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW210 AZN
AVERAGE850 AZN
HIGH1,800 AZN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW36 AZN
AVERAGE140 AZN
HIGH300 AZN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW47 AZN
AVERAGE190 AZN
HIGH400 AZN
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW95 AZN
AVERAGE380 AZN
HIGH810 AZN
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW53 AZN
AVERAGE210 AZN
HIGH450 AZN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW30 AZN
AVERAGE120 AZN
HIGH250 AZN
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW12 AZN
AVERAGE47 AZN
HIGH100 AZN
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW110 AZN
AVERAGE430 AZN
HIGH910 AZN
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Azerbaijan

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW290 AZN
AVERAGE1,500 AZN
HIGH2,300 AZN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW44 AZN
AVERAGE180 AZN
HIGH360 AZN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW110 AZN
AVERAGE530 AZN
HIGH850 AZN
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW120 AZN
AVERAGE620 AZN
HIGH990 AZN
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW98 AZN
AVERAGE490 AZN
HIGH780 AZN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW53 AZN
AVERAGE270 AZN
HIGH430 AZN
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 AZN
AVERAGE89 AZN
HIGH140 AZN
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW150 AZN
AVERAGE750 AZN
HIGH1,200 AZN
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Azerbaijan

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW660 AZN
AVERAGE2,300 AZN
HIGH3,400 AZN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW62 AZN
AVERAGE280 AZN
HIGH320 AZN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW170 AZN
AVERAGE570 AZN
HIGH850 AZN
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW370 AZN
AVERAGE1,300 AZN
HIGH1,900 AZN
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW170 AZN
AVERAGE570 AZN
HIGH850 AZN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW100 AZN
AVERAGE360 AZN
HIGH530 AZN
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW290 AZN
AVERAGE990 AZN
HIGH1,500 AZN
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW250 AZN
AVERAGE850 AZN
HIGH1,300 AZN
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Azerbaijan

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW71 AZN
AVERAGE430 AZN
HIGH920 AZN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW12 AZN
AVERAGE71 AZN
HIGH150 AZN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW21 AZN
AVERAGE120 AZN
HIGH270 AZN
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW59 AZN
AVERAGE360 AZN
HIGH770 AZN
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW18 AZN
AVERAGE110 AZN
HIGH230 AZN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW15 AZN
AVERAGE89 AZN
HIGH190 AZN
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW56 AZN
AVERAGE340 AZN
HIGH730 AZN
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW44 AZN
AVERAGE270 AZN
HIGH580 AZN
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Azerbaijan typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,300 AZN with expenditure ranging from 310 AZN and 2,100 AZN. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Azerbaijan ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 170 AZN with 38 AZN and 280 AZN being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 85 AZN to 590 AZN on commuting with 350 AZN being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Azerbaijan is 660 AZN. The cost of groceries can range between 160 AZN to 1,100 AZN. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Azerbaijan allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 84 AZN to 580 AZN with 340 AZN being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 50 AZN to 350 AZN with 210 AZN being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 370 AZN per month with 94 AZN being the minimum spent amount and 620 AZN being the maximum.

Baku   Ganja   Sumqayit  
©copound