Cost Of Living in Belarus

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Belarus

Whether you're living in Belarus or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,400 BYN
average per month
590 BYN
Range
5,000 BYN

Couple
4,400 BYN
average per month
880 BYN
Range
7,100 BYN

Family
7,100 BYN
average per month
2,100 BYN
Range
11,000 BYN

Student
1,800 BYN
average per month
290 BYN
Range
3,800 BYN
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Belarus is 2,400 BYN. Expenses can range from 590 BYN at the minimum level to 5,000 BYN at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Belarus is 4,400 BYN. Expenditure can range from 880 BYN to 7,100 BYN per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Belarus is 7,100 BYN per month. Families spend anywhere from 2,100 BYN to 11,000 BYN.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Belarus is 1,800 BYN. Students spend from 290 BYN to 3,800 BYN per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Belarus

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.59 BYN

0.59 BYN
0.59 BYN

Fast food
combo meal

5.9 BYN

4.2 BYN
9.8 BYN

Restaurant
meal for one

20 BYN

15 BYN
25 BYN

Fine dining
meal for one

49 BYN

33 BYN
59 BYN

Soda
Soft Drink

0.49 BYN

0.49 BYN
0.49 BYN

Cappuccino
or latte

3.9 BYN

2.5 BYN
5.9 BYN

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

2.9 BYN

2.5 BYN
3.3 BYN

Loaf of
bread

0.42 BYN

0.37 BYN
0.49 BYN

12
eggs

2.9 BYN

2.5 BYN
3.7 BYN

Fresh whole
chicken

6.9 BYN

5.4 BYN
8.4 BYN

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

7.8 BYN

6.5 BYN
9.8 BYN

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

4.2 BYN

3.7 BYN
4.9 BYN

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 BYN

1.6 BYN
2.5 BYN

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

2.1 BYN

1.8 BYN
2.3 BYN

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 BYN

1.8 BYN
2.3 BYN

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

2.9 BYN

2.5 BYN
5.9 BYN

Average car
full tank

20 BYN

15 BYN
39 BYN

Average car
1-day rental

20 BYN

15 BYN
29 BYN

Average car
price

15,000 BYN

7,400 BYN
20,000 BYN

Bus ticket
one way

0.74 BYN

0.49 BYN
1.5 BYN

Car
Service

29 BYN

20 BYN
59 BYN

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

140 BYN

35 BYN
300 BYN

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

180 BYN

44 BYN
350 BYN

Electricity
and water bill
Family

280 BYN

62 BYN
320 BYN

Internet
and cable

29 BYN

15 BYN
39 BYN

Mobile phone
charges

20 BYN

12 BYN
59 BYN

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

9.8 BYN

7.4 BYN
15 BYN

One month gym
membership

29 BYN

24 BYN
59 BYN

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

25 BYN

17 BYN
37 BYN

Woman
dress

23 BYN

16 BYN
74 BYN

Woman
shoes

21 BYN

15 BYN
49 BYN

Men
shoes

16 BYN

13 BYN
33 BYN

Men
suit

18 BYN

15 BYN
98 BYN

Regular
t-shirt

9.8 BYN

7.4 BYN
29 BYN

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

370 BYN

250 BYN
980 BYN

1-bedroom
apartment

590 BYN

370 BYN
1,500 BYN

2-bedroom
apartment

740 BYN

490 BYN
2,000 BYN

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

74,000 BYN

49,000 BYN
150,000 BYN

1-bedroom
apartment

98,000 BYN

59,000 BYN
370,000 BYN

2-bedroom
apartment

290,000 BYN

98,000 BYN
590,000 BYN

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

370 BYN

290 BYN
490 BYN

Double
Bed

290 BYN

200 BYN
370 BYN

Single
Bed

230 BYN

170 BYN
290 BYN

Living
Room

420 BYN

330 BYN
1,500 BYN

Dining
Table

200 BYN

150 BYN
370 BYN

Sofa
or Couch

270 BYN

200 BYN
590 BYN

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

290 BYN

200 BYN
590 BYN

Fridge
or Freezer

270 BYN

170 BYN
370 BYN

Washing
Machine

330 BYN

230 BYN
590 BYN

Stove
or Cooker

270 BYN

210 BYN
370 BYN

Mobile
Phone

290 BYN

250 BYN
420 BYN

Laptop
or Computer

330 BYN

270 BYN
590 BYN

How do people spend their money in Belarus?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Belarus

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW210 BYN
AVERAGE850 BYN
HIGH1,800 BYN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW35 BYN
AVERAGE140 BYN
HIGH300 BYN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW47 BYN
AVERAGE190 BYN
HIGH400 BYN
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW94 BYN
AVERAGE380 BYN
HIGH800 BYN
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW53 BYN
AVERAGE210 BYN
HIGH450 BYN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW29 BYN
AVERAGE120 BYN
HIGH250 BYN
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW12 BYN
AVERAGE47 BYN
HIGH100 BYN
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW110 BYN
AVERAGE420 BYN
HIGH900 BYN
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Belarus

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW290 BYN
AVERAGE1,500 BYN
HIGH2,300 BYN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW44 BYN
AVERAGE180 BYN
HIGH350 BYN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW110 BYN
AVERAGE530 BYN
HIGH850 BYN
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW120 BYN
AVERAGE620 BYN
HIGH990 BYN
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW97 BYN
AVERAGE490 BYN
HIGH780 BYN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW53 BYN
AVERAGE260 BYN
HIGH420 BYN
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 BYN
AVERAGE88 BYN
HIGH140 BYN
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW150 BYN
AVERAGE750 BYN
HIGH1,200 BYN
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Belarus

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW660 BYN
AVERAGE2,300 BYN
HIGH3,400 BYN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW62 BYN
AVERAGE280 BYN
HIGH320 BYN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW160 BYN
AVERAGE570 BYN
HIGH850 BYN
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW370 BYN
AVERAGE1,300 BYN
HIGH1,900 BYN
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW160 BYN
AVERAGE570 BYN
HIGH850 BYN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW100 BYN
AVERAGE350 BYN
HIGH530 BYN
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW290 BYN
AVERAGE990 BYN
HIGH1,500 BYN
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW250 BYN
AVERAGE850 BYN
HIGH1,300 BYN
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Belarus

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW71 BYN
AVERAGE420 BYN
HIGH920 BYN
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW12 BYN
AVERAGE71 BYN
HIGH150 BYN
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW21 BYN
AVERAGE120 BYN
HIGH270 BYN
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW59 BYN
AVERAGE350 BYN
HIGH770 BYN
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW18 BYN
AVERAGE110 BYN
HIGH230 BYN
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW15 BYN
AVERAGE88 BYN
HIGH190 BYN
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW56 BYN
AVERAGE340 BYN
HIGH730 BYN
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW44 BYN
AVERAGE260 BYN
HIGH570 BYN
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Belarus typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,200 BYN with expenditure ranging from 310 BYN and 2,100 BYN. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Belarus ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 170 BYN with 38 BYN and 280 BYN being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 85 BYN to 590 BYN on commuting with 350 BYN being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Belarus is 660 BYN. The cost of groceries can range between 160 BYN to 1,100 BYN. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Belarus allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 83 BYN to 580 BYN with 340 BYN being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 50 BYN to 350 BYN with 210 BYN being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 370 BYN per month with 93 BYN being the minimum spent amount and 610 BYN being the maximum.

©copound