Cost Of Living in Comoros

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Comoros

Whether you're living in Comoros or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
240,000 KMF
average per month
61,000 KMF
Range
510,000 KMF

Couple
450,000 KMF
average per month
91,000 KMF
Range
730,000 KMF

Family
730,000 KMF
average per month
210,000 KMF
Range
1,100,000 KMF

Student
180,000 KMF
average per month
30,000 KMF
Range
390,000 KMF
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Comoros is 240,000 KMF. Expenses can range from 61,000 KMF at the minimum level to 510,000 KMF at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Comoros is 450,000 KMF. Expenditure can range from 91,000 KMF to 730,000 KMF per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Comoros is 730,000 KMF per month. Families spend anywhere from 210,000 KMF to 1,100,000 KMF.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Comoros is 180,000 KMF. Students spend from 30,000 KMF to 390,000 KMF per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Comoros

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

61 KMF

61 KMF
61 KMF

Fast food
combo meal

610 KMF

430 KMF
1,000 KMF

Restaurant
meal for one

2,000 KMF

1,600 KMF
2,500 KMF

Fine dining
meal for one

5,000 KMF

3,400 KMF
6,100 KMF

Soda
Soft Drink

50 KMF

50 KMF
50 KMF

Cappuccino
or latte

400 KMF

250 KMF
610 KMF

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

300 KMF

250 KMF
340 KMF

Loaf of
bread

43 KMF

38 KMF
50 KMF

12
eggs

300 KMF

250 KMF
380 KMF

Fresh whole
chicken

700 KMF

550 KMF
870 KMF

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

800 KMF

670 KMF
1,000 KMF

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

430 KMF

380 KMF
500 KMF

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

200 KMF

170 KMF
250 KMF

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

220 KMF

190 KMF
230 KMF

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

210 KMF

180 KMF
230 KMF

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

300 KMF

250 KMF
610 KMF

Average car
full tank

2,000 KMF

1,500 KMF
4,000 KMF

Average car
1-day rental

2,000 KMF

1,500 KMF
3,000 KMF

Average car
price

1,500,000 KMF

760,000 KMF
2,000,000 KMF

Bus ticket
one way

76 KMF

50 KMF
150 KMF

Car
Service

3,000 KMF

2,000 KMF
6,100 KMF

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

15,000 KMF

3,600 KMF
31,000 KMF

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

18,000 KMF

4,500 KMF
36,000 KMF

Electricity
and water bill
Family

29,000 KMF

6,400 KMF
33,000 KMF

Internet
and cable

3,000 KMF

1,500 KMF
4,000 KMF

Mobile phone
charges

2,000 KMF

1,200 KMF
6,100 KMF

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

1,000 KMF

760 KMF
1,500 KMF

One month gym
membership

3,000 KMF

2,400 KMF
6,100 KMF

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

2,500 KMF

1,800 KMF
3,800 KMF

Woman
dress

2,300 KMF

1,700 KMF
7,600 KMF

Woman
shoes

2,200 KMF

1,600 KMF
5,000 KMF

Men
shoes

1,700 KMF

1,400 KMF
3,400 KMF

Men
suit

1,900 KMF

1,500 KMF
10,000 KMF

Regular
t-shirt

1,000 KMF

760 KMF
3,000 KMF

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

38,000 KMF

25,000 KMF
100,000 KMF

1-bedroom
apartment

61,000 KMF

38,000 KMF
150,000 KMF

2-bedroom
apartment

76,000 KMF

50,000 KMF
200,000 KMF

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

7,600,000 KMF

5,000,000 KMF
15,000,000 KMF

1-bedroom
apartment

10,000,000 KMF

6,100,000 KMF
38,000,000 KMF

2-bedroom
apartment

30,000,000 KMF

10,000,000 KMF
61,000,000 KMF

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

38,000 KMF

30,000 KMF
50,000 KMF

Double
Bed

30,000 KMF

20,000 KMF
38,000 KMF

Single
Bed

23,000 KMF

18,000 KMF
30,000 KMF

Living
Room

43,000 KMF

34,000 KMF
150,000 KMF

Dining
Table

20,000 KMF

15,000 KMF
38,000 KMF

Sofa
or Couch

28,000 KMF

20,000 KMF
61,000 KMF

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

30,000 KMF

20,000 KMF
61,000 KMF

Fridge
or Freezer

28,000 KMF

18,000 KMF
38,000 KMF

Washing
Machine

34,000 KMF

23,000 KMF
61,000 KMF

Stove
or Cooker

28,000 KMF

22,000 KMF
38,000 KMF

Mobile
Phone

30,000 KMF

25,000 KMF
43,000 KMF

Laptop
or Computer

34,000 KMF

28,000 KMF
61,000 KMF

How do people spend their money in Comoros?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Comoros

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW22,000 KMF
AVERAGE87,000 KMF
HIGH190,000 KMF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW3,600 KMF
AVERAGE15,000 KMF
HIGH31,000 KMF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW4,800 KMF
AVERAGE19,000 KMF
HIGH41,000 KMF
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW9,700 KMF
AVERAGE39,000 KMF
HIGH82,000 KMF
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW5,500 KMF
AVERAGE22,000 KMF
HIGH46,000 KMF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW3,000 KMF
AVERAGE12,000 KMF
HIGH26,000 KMF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW1,200 KMF
AVERAGE4,800 KMF
HIGH10,000 KMF
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW11,000 KMF
AVERAGE44,000 KMF
HIGH93,000 KMF
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Comoros

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW30,000 KMF
AVERAGE150,000 KMF
HIGH240,000 KMF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW4,500 KMF
AVERAGE18,000 KMF
HIGH36,000 KMF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW11,000 KMF
AVERAGE55,000 KMF
HIGH87,000 KMF
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW13,000 KMF
AVERAGE64,000 KMF
HIGH100,000 KMF
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW10,000 KMF
AVERAGE50,000 KMF
HIGH80,000 KMF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW5,500 KMF
AVERAGE27,000 KMF
HIGH44,000 KMF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW1,800 KMF
AVERAGE9,100 KMF
HIGH15,000 KMF
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW15,000 KMF
AVERAGE77,000 KMF
HIGH120,000 KMF
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Comoros

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW68,000 KMF
AVERAGE230,000 KMF
HIGH350,000 KMF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW6,400 KMF
AVERAGE29,000 KMF
HIGH33,000 KMF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW17,000 KMF
AVERAGE58,000 KMF
HIGH87,000 KMF
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW38,000 KMF
AVERAGE130,000 KMF
HIGH200,000 KMF
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW17,000 KMF
AVERAGE58,000 KMF
HIGH87,000 KMF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW11,000 KMF
AVERAGE36,000 KMF
HIGH55,000 KMF
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW30,000 KMF
AVERAGE100,000 KMF
HIGH150,000 KMF
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW25,000 KMF
AVERAGE87,000 KMF
HIGH130,000 KMF
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Comoros

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW7,300 KMF
AVERAGE44,000 KMF
HIGH95,000 KMF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW1,200 KMF
AVERAGE7,300 KMF
HIGH16,000 KMF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW2,100 KMF
AVERAGE13,000 KMF
HIGH28,000 KMF
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW6,100 KMF
AVERAGE36,000 KMF
HIGH79,000 KMF
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW1,800 KMF
AVERAGE11,000 KMF
HIGH24,000 KMF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW1,500 KMF
AVERAGE9,100 KMF
HIGH20,000 KMF
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW5,800 KMF
AVERAGE35,000 KMF
HIGH75,000 KMF
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW4,500 KMF
AVERAGE27,000 KMF
HIGH59,000 KMF
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Comoros typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 130,000 KMF with expenditure ranging from 32,000 KMF and 220,000 KMF. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Comoros ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 17,000 KMF with 3,900 KMF and 29,000 KMF being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 8,700 KMF to 61,000 KMF on commuting with 36,000 KMF being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Comoros is 67,000 KMF. The cost of groceries can range between 17,000 KMF to 110,000 KMF. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Comoros allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 8,600 KMF to 59,000 KMF with 35,000 KMF being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 5,100 KMF to 36,000 KMF with 21,000 KMF being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 38,000 KMF per month with 9,600 KMF being the minimum spent amount and 63,000 KMF being the maximum.

©copound