Cost Of Living in Cote Divoire

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Cote Divoire

Whether you're living in Cote Divoire or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
270,000 XOF
average per month
68,000 XOF
Range
580,000 XOF

Couple
510,000 XOF
average per month
100,000 XOF
Range
810,000 XOF

Family
810,000 XOF
average per month
240,000 XOF
Range
1,200,000 XOF

Student
200,000 XOF
average per month
34,000 XOF
Range
440,000 XOF
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Cote Divoire is 270,000 XOF. Expenses can range from 68,000 XOF at the minimum level to 580,000 XOF at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Cote Divoire is 510,000 XOF. Expenditure can range from 100,000 XOF to 810,000 XOF per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Cote Divoire is 810,000 XOF per month. Families spend anywhere from 240,000 XOF to 1,200,000 XOF.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Cote Divoire is 200,000 XOF. Students spend from 34,000 XOF to 440,000 XOF per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Cote Divoire

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

68 XOF

68 XOF
68 XOF

Fast food
combo meal

680 XOF

480 XOF
1,100 XOF

Restaurant
meal for one

2,300 XOF

1,800 XOF
2,800 XOF

Fine dining
meal for one

5,600 XOF

3,800 XOF
6,800 XOF

Soda
Soft Drink

56 XOF

56 XOF
56 XOF

Cappuccino
or latte

450 XOF

280 XOF
680 XOF

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

340 XOF

280 XOF
380 XOF

Loaf of
bread

48 XOF

42 XOF
56 XOF

12
eggs

340 XOF

280 XOF
420 XOF

Fresh whole
chicken

790 XOF

620 XOF
970 XOF

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

890 XOF

750 XOF
1,100 XOF

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

480 XOF

420 XOF
560 XOF

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

230 XOF

190 XOF
280 XOF

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

240 XOF

210 XOF
260 XOF

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

230 XOF

210 XOF
260 XOF

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

340 XOF

280 XOF
680 XOF

Average car
full tank

2,300 XOF

1,700 XOF
4,500 XOF

Average car
1-day rental

2,300 XOF

1,700 XOF
3,400 XOF

Average car
price

1,700,000 XOF

850,000 XOF
2,300,000 XOF

Bus ticket
one way

85 XOF

56 XOF
170 XOF

Car
Service

3,400 XOF

2,300 XOF
6,800 XOF

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

16,000 XOF

4,100 XOF
35,000 XOF

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

20,000 XOF

5,100 XOF
41,000 XOF

Electricity
and water bill
Family

32,000 XOF

7,100 XOF
37,000 XOF

Internet
and cable

3,400 XOF

1,700 XOF
4,500 XOF

Mobile phone
charges

2,300 XOF

1,400 XOF
6,800 XOF

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

1,100 XOF

850 XOF
1,700 XOF

One month gym
membership

3,400 XOF

2,700 XOF
6,800 XOF

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

2,800 XOF

2,000 XOF
4,200 XOF

Woman
dress

2,600 XOF

1,900 XOF
8,500 XOF

Woman
shoes

2,400 XOF

1,800 XOF
5,600 XOF

Men
shoes

1,900 XOF

1,500 XOF
3,800 XOF

Men
suit

2,100 XOF

1,700 XOF
11,000 XOF

Regular
t-shirt

1,100 XOF

850 XOF
3,400 XOF

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

42,000 XOF

28,000 XOF
110,000 XOF

1-bedroom
apartment

68,000 XOF

42,000 XOF
170,000 XOF

2-bedroom
apartment

85,000 XOF

56,000 XOF
230,000 XOF

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

8,500,000 XOF

5,600,000 XOF
17,000,000 XOF

1-bedroom
apartment

11,000,000 XOF

6,800,000 XOF
42,000,000 XOF

2-bedroom
apartment

34,000,000 XOF

11,000,000 XOF
68,000,000 XOF

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

42,000 XOF

34,000 XOF
56,000 XOF

Double
Bed

34,000 XOF

23,000 XOF
42,000 XOF

Single
Bed

26,000 XOF

20,000 XOF
34,000 XOF

Living
Room

48,000 XOF

38,000 XOF
170,000 XOF

Dining
Table

23,000 XOF

17,000 XOF
42,000 XOF

Sofa
or Couch

31,000 XOF

23,000 XOF
68,000 XOF

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

34,000 XOF

23,000 XOF
68,000 XOF

Fridge
or Freezer

31,000 XOF

20,000 XOF
42,000 XOF

Washing
Machine

38,000 XOF

26,000 XOF
68,000 XOF

Stove
or Cooker

31,000 XOF

24,000 XOF
42,000 XOF

Mobile
Phone

34,000 XOF

28,000 XOF
48,000 XOF

Laptop
or Computer

38,000 XOF

31,000 XOF
68,000 XOF

How do people spend their money in Cote Divoire?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Cote Divoire

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW24,000 XOF
AVERAGE97,000 XOF
HIGH210,000 XOF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW4,100 XOF
AVERAGE16,000 XOF
HIGH35,000 XOF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW5,400 XOF
AVERAGE22,000 XOF
HIGH46,000 XOF
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW11,000 XOF
AVERAGE43,000 XOF
HIGH92,000 XOF
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW6,100 XOF
AVERAGE24,000 XOF
HIGH52,000 XOF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW3,400 XOF
AVERAGE14,000 XOF
HIGH29,000 XOF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW1,400 XOF
AVERAGE5,400 XOF
HIGH12,000 XOF
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW12,000 XOF
AVERAGE49,000 XOF
HIGH100,000 XOF
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Cote Divoire

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW33,000 XOF
AVERAGE170,000 XOF
HIGH270,000 XOF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW5,100 XOF
AVERAGE20,000 XOF
HIGH41,000 XOF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW12,000 XOF
AVERAGE61,000 XOF
HIGH97,000 XOF
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW14,000 XOF
AVERAGE71,000 XOF
HIGH110,000 XOF
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW11,000 XOF
AVERAGE56,000 XOF
HIGH89,000 XOF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW6,100 XOF
AVERAGE30,000 XOF
HIGH49,000 XOF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW2,000 XOF
AVERAGE10,000 XOF
HIGH16,000 XOF
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW17,000 XOF
AVERAGE86,000 XOF
HIGH140,000 XOF
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Cote Divoire

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW76,000 XOF
AVERAGE260,000 XOF
HIGH390,000 XOF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW7,100 XOF
AVERAGE32,000 XOF
HIGH37,000 XOF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW19,000 XOF
AVERAGE65,000 XOF
HIGH97,000 XOF
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW43,000 XOF
AVERAGE150,000 XOF
HIGH220,000 XOF
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW19,000 XOF
AVERAGE65,000 XOF
HIGH97,000 XOF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW12,000 XOF
AVERAGE41,000 XOF
HIGH61,000 XOF
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW33,000 XOF
AVERAGE110,000 XOF
HIGH170,000 XOF
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW28,000 XOF
AVERAGE97,000 XOF
HIGH150,000 XOF
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Cote Divoire

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW8,100 XOF
AVERAGE49,000 XOF
HIGH110,000 XOF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW1,400 XOF
AVERAGE8,100 XOF
HIGH18,000 XOF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW2,400 XOF
AVERAGE14,000 XOF
HIGH31,000 XOF
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW6,800 XOF
AVERAGE41,000 XOF
HIGH88,000 XOF
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW2,000 XOF
AVERAGE12,000 XOF
HIGH26,000 XOF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW1,700 XOF
AVERAGE10,000 XOF
HIGH22,000 XOF
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW6,400 XOF
AVERAGE39,000 XOF
HIGH84,000 XOF
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW5,100 XOF
AVERAGE30,000 XOF
HIGH66,000 XOF
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Cote Divoire typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 140,000 XOF with expenditure ranging from 35,000 XOF and 240,000 XOF. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Cote Divoire ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 19,000 XOF with 4,400 XOF and 32,000 XOF being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 9,700 XOF to 68,000 XOF on commuting with 40,000 XOF being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Cote Divoire is 75,000 XOF. The cost of groceries can range between 19,000 XOF to 130,000 XOF. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Cote Divoire allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 9,600 XOF to 66,000 XOF with 39,000 XOF being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 5,800 XOF to 40,000 XOF with 24,000 XOF being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 42,000 XOF per month with 11,000 XOF being the minimum spent amount and 70,000 XOF being the maximum.

©copound