Cost Of Living in Czech Republic

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Czech Republic

Whether you're living in Czech Republic or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
49,000 CZK
average per month
12,000 CZK
Range
100,000 CZK

Couple
92,000 CZK
average per month
18,000 CZK
Range
150,000 CZK

Family
150,000 CZK
average per month
43,000 CZK
Range
220,000 CZK

Student
37,000 CZK
average per month
6,100 CZK
Range
79,000 CZK
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Czech Republic is 49,000 CZK. Expenses can range from 12,000 CZK at the minimum level to 100,000 CZK at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Czech Republic is 92,000 CZK. Expenditure can range from 18,000 CZK to 150,000 CZK per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Czech Republic is 150,000 CZK per month. Families spend anywhere from 43,000 CZK to 220,000 CZK.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Czech Republic is 37,000 CZK. Students spend from 6,100 CZK to 79,000 CZK per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Czech Republic

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

12 CZK

12 CZK
12 CZK

Fast food
combo meal

120 CZK

87 CZK
200 CZK

Restaurant
meal for one

410 CZK

320 CZK
510 CZK

Fine dining
meal for one

1,000 CZK

680 CZK
1,200 CZK

Soda
Soft Drink

10 CZK

10 CZK
10 CZK

Cappuccino
or latte

82 CZK

51 CZK
120 CZK

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

61 CZK

51 CZK
68 CZK

Loaf of
bread

8.7 CZK

7.6 CZK
10 CZK

12
eggs

61 CZK

51 CZK
76 CZK

Fresh whole
chicken

140 CZK

110 CZK
170 CZK

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

160 CZK

140 CZK
200 CZK

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

87 CZK

76 CZK
100 CZK

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

41 CZK

34 CZK
51 CZK

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

44 CZK

38 CZK
47 CZK

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

42 CZK

37 CZK
47 CZK

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

61 CZK

51 CZK
120 CZK

Average car
full tank

410 CZK

310 CZK
820 CZK

Average car
1-day rental

410 CZK

310 CZK
610 CZK

Average car
price

310,000 CZK

150,000 CZK
410,000 CZK

Bus ticket
one way

15 CZK

10 CZK
31 CZK

Car
Service

610 CZK

410 CZK
1,200 CZK

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

2,900 CZK

730 CZK
6,200 CZK

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

3,700 CZK

920 CZK
7,300 CZK

Electricity
and water bill
Family

5,900 CZK

1,300 CZK
6,600 CZK

Internet
and cable

610 CZK

310 CZK
820 CZK

Mobile phone
charges

410 CZK

240 CZK
1,200 CZK

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

200 CZK

150 CZK
310 CZK

One month gym
membership

610 CZK

490 CZK
1,200 CZK

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

510 CZK

360 CZK
760 CZK

Woman
dress

470 CZK

340 CZK
1,500 CZK

Woman
shoes

440 CZK

320 CZK
1,000 CZK

Men
shoes

340 CZK

280 CZK
680 CZK

Men
suit

380 CZK

310 CZK
2,000 CZK

Regular
t-shirt

200 CZK

150 CZK
610 CZK

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

7,600 CZK

5,100 CZK
20,000 CZK

1-bedroom
apartment

12,000 CZK

7,600 CZK
31,000 CZK

2-bedroom
apartment

15,000 CZK

10,000 CZK
41,000 CZK

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

1,500,000 CZK

1,000,000 CZK
3,100,000 CZK

1-bedroom
apartment

2,000,000 CZK

1,200,000 CZK
7,600,000 CZK

2-bedroom
apartment

6,100,000 CZK

2,000,000 CZK
12,000,000 CZK

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

7,600 CZK

6,100 CZK
10,000 CZK

Double
Bed

6,100 CZK

4,100 CZK
7,600 CZK

Single
Bed

4,700 CZK

3,600 CZK
6,100 CZK

Living
Room

8,700 CZK

6,800 CZK
31,000 CZK

Dining
Table

4,100 CZK

3,100 CZK
7,600 CZK

Sofa
or Couch

5,600 CZK

4,100 CZK
12,000 CZK

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

6,100 CZK

4,100 CZK
12,000 CZK

Fridge
or Freezer

5,600 CZK

3,600 CZK
7,600 CZK

Washing
Machine

6,800 CZK

4,700 CZK
12,000 CZK

Stove
or Cooker

5,600 CZK

4,400 CZK
7,600 CZK

Mobile
Phone

6,100 CZK

5,100 CZK
8,700 CZK

Laptop
or Computer

6,800 CZK

5,600 CZK
12,000 CZK

How do people spend their money in Czech Republic?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Czech Republic

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW4,400 CZK
AVERAGE18,000 CZK
HIGH37,000 CZK
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW730 CZK
AVERAGE2,900 CZK
HIGH6,200 CZK
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW980 CZK
AVERAGE3,900 CZK
HIGH8,300 CZK
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW2,000 CZK
AVERAGE7,800 CZK
HIGH17,000 CZK
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW1,100 CZK
AVERAGE4,400 CZK
HIGH9,400 CZK
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW610 CZK
AVERAGE2,400 CZK
HIGH5,200 CZK
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW240 CZK
AVERAGE980 CZK
HIGH2,100 CZK
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW2,200 CZK
AVERAGE8,800 CZK
HIGH19,000 CZK
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Czech Republic

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW6,100 CZK
AVERAGE30,000 CZK
HIGH48,000 CZK
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW920 CZK
AVERAGE3,700 CZK
HIGH7,300 CZK
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW2,200 CZK
AVERAGE11,000 CZK
HIGH18,000 CZK
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW2,600 CZK
AVERAGE13,000 CZK
HIGH21,000 CZK
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW2,000 CZK
AVERAGE10,000 CZK
HIGH16,000 CZK
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW1,100 CZK
AVERAGE5,500 CZK
HIGH8,800 CZK
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW370 CZK
AVERAGE1,800 CZK
HIGH2,900 CZK
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW3,100 CZK
AVERAGE16,000 CZK
HIGH25,000 CZK
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Czech Republic

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW14,000 CZK
AVERAGE47,000 CZK
HIGH70,000 CZK
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW1,300 CZK
AVERAGE5,900 CZK
HIGH6,600 CZK
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW3,400 CZK
AVERAGE12,000 CZK
HIGH18,000 CZK
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW7,700 CZK
AVERAGE26,000 CZK
HIGH40,000 CZK
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW3,400 CZK
AVERAGE12,000 CZK
HIGH18,000 CZK
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW2,100 CZK
AVERAGE7,300 CZK
HIGH11,000 CZK
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW6,000 CZK
AVERAGE21,000 CZK
HIGH31,000 CZK
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW5,100 CZK
AVERAGE18,000 CZK
HIGH26,000 CZK
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Czech Republic

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW1,500 CZK
AVERAGE8,800 CZK
HIGH19,000 CZK
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW240 CZK
AVERAGE1,500 CZK
HIGH3,200 CZK
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW430 CZK
AVERAGE2,600 CZK
HIGH5,600 CZK
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW1,200 CZK
AVERAGE7,300 CZK
HIGH16,000 CZK
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW370 CZK
AVERAGE2,200 CZK
HIGH4,800 CZK
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW310 CZK
AVERAGE1,800 CZK
HIGH4,000 CZK
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW1,200 CZK
AVERAGE7,000 CZK
HIGH15,000 CZK
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW920 CZK
AVERAGE5,500 CZK
HIGH12,000 CZK
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Czech Republic typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 26,000 CZK with expenditure ranging from 6,400 CZK and 44,000 CZK. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Czech Republic ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 3,500 CZK with 790 CZK and 5,800 CZK being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 1,800 CZK to 12,000 CZK on commuting with 7,300 CZK being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Czech Republic is 14,000 CZK. The cost of groceries can range between 3,400 CZK to 23,000 CZK. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Czech Republic allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 1,700 CZK to 12,000 CZK with 7,100 CZK being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 1,000 CZK to 7,200 CZK with 4,300 CZK being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 7,600 CZK per month with 1,900 CZK being the minimum spent amount and 13,000 CZK being the maximum.

Prague  
©copound