Cost Of Living in Georgia

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Georgia

Whether you're living in Georgia or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
5,400 GEL
average per month
1,400 GEL
Range
12,000 GEL

Couple
10,000 GEL
average per month
2,000 GEL
Range
16,000 GEL

Family
16,000 GEL
average per month
4,700 GEL
Range
24,000 GEL

Student
4,100 GEL
average per month
680 GEL
Range
8,800 GEL
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Georgia is 5,400 GEL. Expenses can range from 1,400 GEL at the minimum level to 12,000 GEL at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Georgia is 10,000 GEL. Expenditure can range from 2,000 GEL to 16,000 GEL per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Georgia is 16,000 GEL per month. Families spend anywhere from 4,700 GEL to 24,000 GEL.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Georgia is 4,100 GEL. Students spend from 680 GEL to 8,800 GEL per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Georgia

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

1.4 GEL

1.4 GEL
1.4 GEL

Fast food
combo meal

14 GEL

9.7 GEL
23 GEL

Restaurant
meal for one

45 GEL

36 GEL
56 GEL

Fine dining
meal for one

110 GEL

75 GEL
140 GEL

Soda
Soft Drink

1.1 GEL

1.1 GEL
1.1 GEL

Cappuccino
or latte

9.0 GEL

5.6 GEL
14 GEL

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

6.8 GEL

5.6 GEL
7.5 GEL

Loaf of
bread

0.97 GEL

0.85 GEL
1.1 GEL

12
eggs

6.8 GEL

5.6 GEL
8.5 GEL

Fresh whole
chicken

16 GEL

12 GEL
19 GEL

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

18 GEL

15 GEL
23 GEL

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

9.7 GEL

8.5 GEL
11 GEL

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

4.5 GEL

3.8 GEL
5.6 GEL

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

4.8 GEL

4.2 GEL
5.2 GEL

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

4.7 GEL

4.1 GEL
5.2 GEL

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

6.8 GEL

5.6 GEL
14 GEL

Average car
full tank

45 GEL

34 GEL
90 GEL

Average car
1-day rental

45 GEL

34 GEL
68 GEL

Average car
price

34,000 GEL

17,000 GEL
45,000 GEL

Bus ticket
one way

1.7 GEL

1.1 GEL
3.4 GEL

Car
Service

68 GEL

45 GEL
140 GEL

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

320 GEL

81 GEL
690 GEL

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

410 GEL

100 GEL
810 GEL

Electricity
and water bill
Family

650 GEL

140 GEL
730 GEL

Internet
and cable

68 GEL

34 GEL
90 GEL

Mobile phone
charges

45 GEL

27 GEL
140 GEL

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

23 GEL

17 GEL
34 GEL

One month gym
membership

68 GEL

54 GEL
140 GEL

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

56 GEL

40 GEL
85 GEL

Woman
dress

52 GEL

38 GEL
170 GEL

Woman
shoes

48 GEL

36 GEL
110 GEL

Men
shoes

38 GEL

31 GEL
75 GEL

Men
suit

42 GEL

34 GEL
230 GEL

Regular
t-shirt

23 GEL

17 GEL
68 GEL

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

850 GEL

560 GEL
2,300 GEL

1-bedroom
apartment

1,400 GEL

850 GEL
3,400 GEL

2-bedroom
apartment

1,700 GEL

1,100 GEL
4,500 GEL

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

170,000 GEL

110,000 GEL
340,000 GEL

1-bedroom
apartment

230,000 GEL

140,000 GEL
850,000 GEL

2-bedroom
apartment

680,000 GEL

230,000 GEL
1,400,000 GEL

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

850 GEL

680 GEL
1,100 GEL

Double
Bed

680 GEL

450 GEL
850 GEL

Single
Bed

520 GEL

400 GEL
680 GEL

Living
Room

970 GEL

750 GEL
3,400 GEL

Dining
Table

450 GEL

340 GEL
850 GEL

Sofa
or Couch

620 GEL

450 GEL
1,400 GEL

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

680 GEL

450 GEL
1,400 GEL

Fridge
or Freezer

620 GEL

400 GEL
850 GEL

Washing
Machine

750 GEL

520 GEL
1,400 GEL

Stove
or Cooker

620 GEL

480 GEL
850 GEL

Mobile
Phone

680 GEL

560 GEL
970 GEL

Laptop
or Computer

750 GEL

620 GEL
1,400 GEL

How do people spend their money in Georgia?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Georgia

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW490 GEL
AVERAGE1,900 GEL
HIGH4,100 GEL
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW81 GEL
AVERAGE320 GEL
HIGH690 GEL
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW110 GEL
AVERAGE430 GEL
HIGH920 GEL
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW220 GEL
AVERAGE870 GEL
HIGH1,800 GEL
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW120 GEL
AVERAGE490 GEL
HIGH1,000 GEL
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW68 GEL
AVERAGE270 GEL
HIGH580 GEL
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW27 GEL
AVERAGE110 GEL
HIGH230 GEL
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW240 GEL
AVERAGE970 GEL
HIGH2,100 GEL
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Georgia

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW670 GEL
AVERAGE3,400 GEL
HIGH5,400 GEL
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW100 GEL
AVERAGE410 GEL
HIGH810 GEL
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW240 GEL
AVERAGE1,200 GEL
HIGH1,900 GEL
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW280 GEL
AVERAGE1,400 GEL
HIGH2,300 GEL
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW220 GEL
AVERAGE1,100 GEL
HIGH1,800 GEL
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW120 GEL
AVERAGE610 GEL
HIGH970 GEL
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW41 GEL
AVERAGE200 GEL
HIGH320 GEL
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW350 GEL
AVERAGE1,700 GEL
HIGH2,800 GEL
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Georgia

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW1,500 GEL
AVERAGE5,200 GEL
HIGH7,800 GEL
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW140 GEL
AVERAGE650 GEL
HIGH730 GEL
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW380 GEL
AVERAGE1,300 GEL
HIGH1,900 GEL
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW850 GEL
AVERAGE2,900 GEL
HIGH4,400 GEL
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW380 GEL
AVERAGE1,300 GEL
HIGH1,900 GEL
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW240 GEL
AVERAGE810 GEL
HIGH1,200 GEL
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW660 GEL
AVERAGE2,300 GEL
HIGH3,400 GEL
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW570 GEL
AVERAGE1,900 GEL
HIGH2,900 GEL
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Georgia

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW160 GEL
AVERAGE970 GEL
HIGH2,100 GEL
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW27 GEL
AVERAGE160 GEL
HIGH350 GEL
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW47 GEL
AVERAGE280 GEL
HIGH620 GEL
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW140 GEL
AVERAGE810 GEL
HIGH1,800 GEL
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW41 GEL
AVERAGE240 GEL
HIGH530 GEL
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW34 GEL
AVERAGE200 GEL
HIGH440 GEL
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW130 GEL
AVERAGE770 GEL
HIGH1,700 GEL
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW100 GEL
AVERAGE610 GEL
HIGH1,300 GEL
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Georgia typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 2,900 GEL with expenditure ranging from 710 GEL and 4,900 GEL. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Georgia ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 390 GEL with 88 GEL and 650 GEL being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 190 GEL to 1,400 GEL on commuting with 810 GEL being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Georgia is 1,500 GEL. The cost of groceries can range between 370 GEL to 2,600 GEL. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Georgia allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 190 GEL to 1,300 GEL with 790 GEL being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 120 GEL to 800 GEL with 470 GEL being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 840 GEL per month with 210 GEL being the minimum spent amount and 1,400 GEL being the maximum.

©copound