Cost Of Living in Grenada

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Grenada

Whether you're living in Grenada or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
5,000 XCD
average per month
1,300 XCD
Range
11,000 XCD

Couple
9,400 XCD
average per month
1,900 XCD
Range
15,000 XCD

Family
15,000 XCD
average per month
4,400 XCD
Range
23,000 XCD

Student
3,800 XCD
average per month
630 XCD
Range
8,200 XCD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Grenada is 5,000 XCD. Expenses can range from 1,300 XCD at the minimum level to 11,000 XCD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Grenada is 9,400 XCD. Expenditure can range from 1,900 XCD to 15,000 XCD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Grenada is 15,000 XCD per month. Families spend anywhere from 4,400 XCD to 23,000 XCD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Grenada is 3,800 XCD. Students spend from 630 XCD to 8,200 XCD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Grenada

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

1.3 XCD

1.3 XCD
1.3 XCD

Fast food
combo meal

13 XCD

9.0 XCD
21 XCD

Restaurant
meal for one

42 XCD

33 XCD
52 XCD

Fine dining
meal for one

100 XCD

70 XCD
130 XCD

Soda
Soft Drink

1.1 XCD

1.1 XCD
1.1 XCD

Cappuccino
or latte

8.4 XCD

5.2 XCD
13 XCD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

6.3 XCD

5.2 XCD
7.0 XCD

Loaf of
bread

0.90 XCD

0.79 XCD
1.1 XCD

12
eggs

6.3 XCD

5.2 XCD
7.9 XCD

Fresh whole
chicken

15 XCD

11 XCD
18 XCD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

17 XCD

14 XCD
21 XCD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

9.0 XCD

7.9 XCD
10 XCD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

4.2 XCD

3.5 XCD
5.2 XCD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

4.5 XCD

3.9 XCD
4.8 XCD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

4.3 XCD

3.8 XCD
4.8 XCD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

6.3 XCD

5.2 XCD
13 XCD

Average car
full tank

42 XCD

31 XCD
84 XCD

Average car
1-day rental

42 XCD

31 XCD
63 XCD

Average car
price

31,000 XCD

16,000 XCD
42,000 XCD

Bus ticket
one way

1.6 XCD

1.1 XCD
3.1 XCD

Car
Service

63 XCD

42 XCD
130 XCD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

300 XCD

75 XCD
640 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

380 XCD

94 XCD
750 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

600 XCD

130 XCD
680 XCD

Internet
and cable

63 XCD

31 XCD
84 XCD

Mobile phone
charges

42 XCD

25 XCD
130 XCD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

21 XCD

16 XCD
31 XCD

One month gym
membership

63 XCD

50 XCD
130 XCD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

52 XCD

37 XCD
79 XCD

Woman
dress

48 XCD

35 XCD
160 XCD

Woman
shoes

45 XCD

33 XCD
100 XCD

Men
shoes

35 XCD

29 XCD
70 XCD

Men
suit

39 XCD

31 XCD
210 XCD

Regular
t-shirt

21 XCD

16 XCD
63 XCD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

790 XCD

520 XCD
2,100 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

1,300 XCD

790 XCD
3,100 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

1,600 XCD

1,000 XCD
4,200 XCD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

160,000 XCD

100,000 XCD
310,000 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

210,000 XCD

130,000 XCD
790,000 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

630,000 XCD

210,000 XCD
1,300,000 XCD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

790 XCD

630 XCD
1,000 XCD

Double
Bed

630 XCD

420 XCD
790 XCD

Single
Bed

480 XCD

370 XCD
630 XCD

Living
Room

900 XCD

700 XCD
3,100 XCD

Dining
Table

420 XCD

310 XCD
790 XCD

Sofa
or Couch

570 XCD

420 XCD
1,300 XCD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

630 XCD

420 XCD
1,300 XCD

Fridge
or Freezer

570 XCD

370 XCD
790 XCD

Washing
Machine

700 XCD

480 XCD
1,300 XCD

Stove
or Cooker

570 XCD

450 XCD
790 XCD

Mobile
Phone

630 XCD

520 XCD
900 XCD

Laptop
or Computer

700 XCD

570 XCD
1,300 XCD

How do people spend their money in Grenada?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Grenada

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW450 XCD
AVERAGE1,800 XCD
HIGH3,800 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW75 XCD
AVERAGE300 XCD
HIGH640 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW100 XCD
AVERAGE400 XCD
HIGH860 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW200 XCD
AVERAGE800 XCD
HIGH1,700 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE450 XCD
HIGH960 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW63 XCD
AVERAGE250 XCD
HIGH530 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW25 XCD
AVERAGE100 XCD
HIGH210 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW230 XCD
AVERAGE910 XCD
HIGH1,900 XCD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Grenada

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW620 XCD
AVERAGE3,100 XCD
HIGH5,000 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW94 XCD
AVERAGE380 XCD
HIGH750 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW230 XCD
AVERAGE1,100 XCD
HIGH1,800 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW260 XCD
AVERAGE1,300 XCD
HIGH2,100 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW210 XCD
AVERAGE1,000 XCD
HIGH1,700 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE570 XCD
HIGH910 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW38 XCD
AVERAGE190 XCD
HIGH300 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW320 XCD
AVERAGE1,600 XCD
HIGH2,600 XCD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Grenada

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW1,400 XCD
AVERAGE4,800 XCD
HIGH7,200 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW130 XCD
AVERAGE600 XCD
HIGH680 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW350 XCD
AVERAGE1,200 XCD
HIGH1,800 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW790 XCD
AVERAGE2,700 XCD
HIGH4,100 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW350 XCD
AVERAGE1,200 XCD
HIGH1,800 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW220 XCD
AVERAGE750 XCD
HIGH1,100 XCD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW620 XCD
AVERAGE2,100 XCD
HIGH3,200 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW530 XCD
AVERAGE1,800 XCD
HIGH2,700 XCD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Grenada

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW150 XCD
AVERAGE910 XCD
HIGH2,000 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW25 XCD
AVERAGE150 XCD
HIGH330 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW44 XCD
AVERAGE260 XCD
HIGH570 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW130 XCD
AVERAGE750 XCD
HIGH1,600 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW38 XCD
AVERAGE230 XCD
HIGH490 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW31 XCD
AVERAGE190 XCD
HIGH410 XCD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW120 XCD
AVERAGE720 XCD
HIGH1,600 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW94 XCD
AVERAGE570 XCD
HIGH1,200 XCD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Grenada typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 2,700 XCD with expenditure ranging from 660 XCD and 4,500 XCD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Grenada ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 360 XCD with 82 XCD and 600 XCD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 180 XCD to 1,300 XCD on commuting with 750 XCD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Grenada is 1,400 XCD. The cost of groceries can range between 350 XCD to 2,400 XCD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Grenada allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 180 XCD to 1,200 XCD with 730 XCD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 110 XCD to 750 XCD with 440 XCD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 780 XCD per month with 200 XCD being the minimum spent amount and 1,300 XCD being the maximum.

©copound