Cost Of Living in Guadeloupe

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Guadeloupe

Whether you're living in Guadeloupe or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
3,400 EUR
average per month
840 EUR
Range
7,100 EUR

Couple
6,300 EUR
average per month
1,300 EUR
Range
10,000 EUR

Family
10,000 EUR
average per month
2,900 EUR
Range
15,000 EUR

Student
2,500 EUR
average per month
420 EUR
Range
5,500 EUR
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Guadeloupe is 3,400 EUR. Expenses can range from 840 EUR at the minimum level to 7,100 EUR at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Guadeloupe is 6,300 EUR. Expenditure can range from 1,300 EUR to 10,000 EUR per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Guadeloupe is 10,000 EUR per month. Families spend anywhere from 2,900 EUR to 15,000 EUR.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Guadeloupe is 2,500 EUR. Students spend from 420 EUR to 5,500 EUR per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Guadeloupe

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.84 EUR

0.84 EUR
0.84 EUR

Fast food
combo meal

8.4 EUR

6.0 EUR
14 EUR

Restaurant
meal for one

28 EUR

22 EUR
35 EUR

Fine dining
meal for one

70 EUR

47 EUR
84 EUR

Soda
Soft Drink

0.70 EUR

0.70 EUR
0.70 EUR

Cappuccino
or latte

5.6 EUR

3.5 EUR
8.4 EUR

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

4.2 EUR

3.5 EUR
4.7 EUR

Loaf of
bread

0.60 EUR

0.53 EUR
0.70 EUR

12
eggs

4.2 EUR

3.5 EUR
5.3 EUR

Fresh whole
chicken

9.8 EUR

7.6 EUR
12 EUR

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

11 EUR

9.3 EUR
14 EUR

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

6.0 EUR

5.3 EUR
7.0 EUR

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.8 EUR

2.3 EUR
3.5 EUR

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

3.0 EUR

2.6 EUR
3.2 EUR

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

2.9 EUR

2.6 EUR
3.2 EUR

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

4.2 EUR

3.5 EUR
8.4 EUR

Average car
full tank

28 EUR

21 EUR
56 EUR

Average car
1-day rental

28 EUR

21 EUR
42 EUR

Average car
price

21,000 EUR

11,000 EUR
28,000 EUR

Bus ticket
one way

1.1 EUR

0.70 EUR
2.1 EUR

Car
Service

42 EUR

28 EUR
84 EUR

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

200 EUR

50 EUR
430 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

250 EUR

63 EUR
500 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Family

400 EUR

88 EUR
450 EUR

Internet
and cable

42 EUR

21 EUR
56 EUR

Mobile phone
charges

28 EUR

17 EUR
84 EUR

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

14 EUR

11 EUR
21 EUR

One month gym
membership

42 EUR

34 EUR
84 EUR

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

35 EUR

25 EUR
53 EUR

Woman
dress

32 EUR

23 EUR
110 EUR

Woman
shoes

30 EUR

22 EUR
70 EUR

Men
shoes

23 EUR

19 EUR
47 EUR

Men
suit

26 EUR

21 EUR
140 EUR

Regular
t-shirt

14 EUR

11 EUR
42 EUR

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

530 EUR

350 EUR
1,400 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

840 EUR

530 EUR
2,100 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

1,100 EUR

700 EUR
2,800 EUR

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

110,000 EUR

70,000 EUR
210,000 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

140,000 EUR

84,000 EUR
530,000 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

420,000 EUR

140,000 EUR
840,000 EUR

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

530 EUR

420 EUR
700 EUR

Double
Bed

420 EUR

280 EUR
530 EUR

Single
Bed

320 EUR

250 EUR
420 EUR

Living
Room

600 EUR

470 EUR
2,100 EUR

Dining
Table

280 EUR

210 EUR
530 EUR

Sofa
or Couch

380 EUR

280 EUR
840 EUR

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

420 EUR

280 EUR
840 EUR

Fridge
or Freezer

380 EUR

250 EUR
530 EUR

Washing
Machine

470 EUR

320 EUR
840 EUR

Stove
or Cooker

380 EUR

300 EUR
530 EUR

Mobile
Phone

420 EUR

350 EUR
600 EUR

Laptop
or Computer

470 EUR

380 EUR
840 EUR

How do people spend their money in Guadeloupe?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Guadeloupe

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW300 EUR
AVERAGE1,200 EUR
HIGH2,600 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW50 EUR
AVERAGE200 EUR
HIGH430 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW67 EUR
AVERAGE270 EUR
HIGH570 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW130 EUR
AVERAGE540 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW76 EUR
AVERAGE300 EUR
HIGH640 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW42 EUR
AVERAGE170 EUR
HIGH360 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW17 EUR
AVERAGE67 EUR
HIGH140 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE610 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Guadeloupe

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW420 EUR
AVERAGE2,100 EUR
HIGH3,300 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW63 EUR
AVERAGE250 EUR
HIGH500 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE760 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW180 EUR
AVERAGE880 EUR
HIGH1,400 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW140 EUR
AVERAGE690 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW76 EUR
AVERAGE380 EUR
HIGH610 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW25 EUR
AVERAGE130 EUR
HIGH200 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW210 EUR
AVERAGE1,100 EUR
HIGH1,700 EUR
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Guadeloupe

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW940 EUR
AVERAGE3,200 EUR
HIGH4,800 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW88 EUR
AVERAGE400 EUR
HIGH450 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW240 EUR
AVERAGE810 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW530 EUR
AVERAGE1,800 EUR
HIGH2,700 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW240 EUR
AVERAGE810 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE500 EUR
HIGH760 EUR
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW410 EUR
AVERAGE1,400 EUR
HIGH2,100 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW350 EUR
AVERAGE1,200 EUR
HIGH1,800 EUR
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Guadeloupe

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW100 EUR
AVERAGE610 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW17 EUR
AVERAGE100 EUR
HIGH220 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW29 EUR
AVERAGE180 EUR
HIGH380 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW84 EUR
AVERAGE500 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW25 EUR
AVERAGE150 EUR
HIGH330 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW21 EUR
AVERAGE130 EUR
HIGH270 EUR
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW80 EUR
AVERAGE480 EUR
HIGH1,000 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW63 EUR
AVERAGE380 EUR
HIGH820 EUR
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Guadeloupe typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,800 EUR with expenditure ranging from 440 EUR and 3,000 EUR. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Guadeloupe ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 240 EUR with 55 EUR and 400 EUR being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 120 EUR to 840 EUR on commuting with 500 EUR being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Guadeloupe is 940 EUR. The cost of groceries can range between 230 EUR to 1,600 EUR. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Guadeloupe allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 120 EUR to 820 EUR with 490 EUR being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 71 EUR to 500 EUR with 290 EUR being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 520 EUR per month with 130 EUR being the minimum spent amount and 880 EUR being the maximum.

©copound