Cost Of Living in Guinea

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Guinea

Whether you're living in Guinea or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
5,600,000 GNF
average per month
1,400,000 GNF
Range
12,000,000 GNF

Couple
11,000,000 GNF
average per month
2,100,000 GNF
Range
17,000,000 GNF

Family
17,000,000 GNF
average per month
4,900,000 GNF
Range
25,000,000 GNF

Student
4,200,000 GNF
average per month
700,000 GNF
Range
9,100,000 GNF
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Guinea is 5,600,000 GNF. Expenses can range from 1,400,000 GNF at the minimum level to 12,000,000 GNF at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Guinea is 11,000,000 GNF. Expenditure can range from 2,100,000 GNF to 17,000,000 GNF per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Guinea is 17,000,000 GNF per month. Families spend anywhere from 4,900,000 GNF to 25,000,000 GNF.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Guinea is 4,200,000 GNF. Students spend from 700,000 GNF to 9,100,000 GNF per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Guinea

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

1,400 GNF

1,400 GNF
1,400 GNF

Fast food
combo meal

14,000 GNF

10,000 GNF
23,000 GNF

Restaurant
meal for one

47,000 GNF

37,000 GNF
59,000 GNF

Fine dining
meal for one

120,000 GNF

78,000 GNF
140,000 GNF

Soda
Soft Drink

1,200 GNF

1,200 GNF
1,200 GNF

Cappuccino
or latte

9,400 GNF

5,900 GNF
14,000 GNF

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

7,000 GNF

5,900 GNF
7,800 GNF

Loaf of
bread

1,000 GNF

880 GNF
1,200 GNF

12
eggs

7,000 GNF

5,900 GNF
8,800 GNF

Fresh whole
chicken

16,000 GNF

13,000 GNF
20,000 GNF

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

18,000 GNF

16,000 GNF
23,000 GNF

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

10,000 GNF

8,800 GNF
12,000 GNF

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

4,700 GNF

3,900 GNF
5,900 GNF

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

5,000 GNF

4,400 GNF
5,400 GNF

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

4,800 GNF

4,300 GNF
5,400 GNF

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

7,000 GNF

5,900 GNF
14,000 GNF

Average car
full tank

47,000 GNF

35,000 GNF
94,000 GNF

Average car
1-day rental

47,000 GNF

35,000 GNF
70,000 GNF

Average car
price

35,000,000 GNF

18,000,000 GNF
47,000,000 GNF

Bus ticket
one way

1,800 GNF

1,200 GNF
3,500 GNF

Car
Service

70,000 GNF

47,000 GNF
140,000 GNF

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

340,000 GNF

84,000 GNF
720,000 GNF

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

420,000 GNF

110,000 GNF
840,000 GNF

Electricity
and water bill
Family

670,000 GNF

150,000 GNF
760,000 GNF

Internet
and cable

70,000 GNF

35,000 GNF
94,000 GNF

Mobile phone
charges

47,000 GNF

28,000 GNF
140,000 GNF

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

23,000 GNF

18,000 GNF
35,000 GNF

One month gym
membership

70,000 GNF

56,000 GNF
140,000 GNF

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

59,000 GNF

41,000 GNF
88,000 GNF

Woman
dress

54,000 GNF

39,000 GNF
180,000 GNF

Woman
shoes

50,000 GNF

37,000 GNF
120,000 GNF

Men
shoes

39,000 GNF

32,000 GNF
78,000 GNF

Men
suit

44,000 GNF

35,000 GNF
230,000 GNF

Regular
t-shirt

23,000 GNF

18,000 GNF
70,000 GNF

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

880,000 GNF

590,000 GNF
2,300,000 GNF

1-bedroom
apartment

1,400,000 GNF

880,000 GNF
3,500,000 GNF

2-bedroom
apartment

1,800,000 GNF

1,200,000 GNF
4,700,000 GNF

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

180,000,000 GNF

120,000,000 GNF
350,000,000 GNF

1-bedroom
apartment

230,000,000 GNF

140,000,000 GNF
880,000,000 GNF

2-bedroom
apartment

700,000,000 GNF

230,000,000 GNF
1,400,000,000 GNF

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

880,000 GNF

700,000 GNF
1,200,000 GNF

Double
Bed

700,000 GNF

470,000 GNF
880,000 GNF

Single
Bed

540,000 GNF

410,000 GNF
700,000 GNF

Living
Room

1,000,000 GNF

780,000 GNF
3,500,000 GNF

Dining
Table

470,000 GNF

350,000 GNF
880,000 GNF

Sofa
or Couch

640,000 GNF

470,000 GNF
1,400,000 GNF

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

700,000 GNF

470,000 GNF
1,400,000 GNF

Fridge
or Freezer

640,000 GNF

410,000 GNF
880,000 GNF

Washing
Machine

780,000 GNF

540,000 GNF
1,400,000 GNF

Stove
or Cooker

640,000 GNF

500,000 GNF
880,000 GNF

Mobile
Phone

700,000 GNF

590,000 GNF
1,000,000 GNF

Laptop
or Computer

780,000 GNF

640,000 GNF
1,400,000 GNF

How do people spend their money in Guinea?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Guinea

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW510,000 GNF
AVERAGE2,000,000 GNF
HIGH4,300,000 GNF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW84,000 GNF
AVERAGE340,000 GNF
HIGH720,000 GNF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW110,000 GNF
AVERAGE450,000 GNF
HIGH950,000 GNF
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW220,000 GNF
AVERAGE900,000 GNF
HIGH1,900,000 GNF
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW130,000 GNF
AVERAGE510,000 GNF
HIGH1,100,000 GNF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW70,000 GNF
AVERAGE280,000 GNF
HIGH600,000 GNF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW28,000 GNF
AVERAGE110,000 GNF
HIGH240,000 GNF
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW250,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,000,000 GNF
HIGH2,100,000 GNF
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Guinea

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW700,000 GNF
AVERAGE3,500,000 GNF
HIGH5,600,000 GNF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW110,000 GNF
AVERAGE420,000 GNF
HIGH840,000 GNF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW250,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,300,000 GNF
HIGH2,000,000 GNF
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW290,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,500,000 GNF
HIGH2,400,000 GNF
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW230,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,200,000 GNF
HIGH1,900,000 GNF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW130,000 GNF
AVERAGE630,000 GNF
HIGH1,000,000 GNF
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW42,000 GNF
AVERAGE210,000 GNF
HIGH340,000 GNF
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW360,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,800,000 GNF
HIGH2,900,000 GNF
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Guinea

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW1,600,000 GNF
AVERAGE5,400,000 GNF
HIGH8,100,000 GNF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW150,000 GNF
AVERAGE670,000 GNF
HIGH760,000 GNF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW390,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,300,000 GNF
HIGH2,000,000 GNF
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW880,000 GNF
AVERAGE3,000,000 GNF
HIGH4,600,000 GNF
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW390,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,300,000 GNF
HIGH2,000,000 GNF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW250,000 GNF
AVERAGE840,000 GNF
HIGH1,300,000 GNF
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW690,000 GNF
AVERAGE2,400,000 GNF
HIGH3,500,000 GNF
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW590,000 GNF
AVERAGE2,000,000 GNF
HIGH3,000,000 GNF
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Guinea

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW170,000 GNF
AVERAGE1,000,000 GNF
HIGH2,200,000 GNF
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW28,000 GNF
AVERAGE170,000 GNF
HIGH370,000 GNF
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW49,000 GNF
AVERAGE290,000 GNF
HIGH640,000 GNF
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW140,000 GNF
AVERAGE840,000 GNF
HIGH1,800,000 GNF
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW42,000 GNF
AVERAGE250,000 GNF
HIGH550,000 GNF
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW35,000 GNF
AVERAGE210,000 GNF
HIGH460,000 GNF
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW130,000 GNF
AVERAGE800,000 GNF
HIGH1,700,000 GNF
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW110,000 GNF
AVERAGE630,000 GNF
HIGH1,400,000 GNF
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Guinea typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 3,000,000 GNF with expenditure ranging from 740,000 GNF and 5,000,000 GNF. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Guinea ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 400,000 GNF with 91,000 GNF and 670,000 GNF being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 200,000 GNF to 1,400,000 GNF on commuting with 840,000 GNF being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Guinea is 1,600,000 GNF. The cost of groceries can range between 390,000 GNF to 2,700,000 GNF. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Guinea allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 200,000 GNF to 1,400,000 GNF with 820,000 GNF being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 120,000 GNF to 830,000 GNF with 490,000 GNF being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 870,000 GNF per month with 220,000 GNF being the minimum spent amount and 1,500,000 GNF being the maximum.

©copound