Cost Of Living in Kyrgyzstan

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Kyrgyzstan

Whether you're living in Kyrgyzstan or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
16,000 KGS
average per month
3,900 KGS
Range
33,000 KGS

Couple
29,000 KGS
average per month
5,900 KGS
Range
47,000 KGS

Family
47,000 KGS
average per month
14,000 KGS
Range
70,000 KGS

Student
12,000 KGS
average per month
2,000 KGS
Range
25,000 KGS
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Kyrgyzstan is 16,000 KGS. Expenses can range from 3,900 KGS at the minimum level to 33,000 KGS at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Kyrgyzstan is 29,000 KGS. Expenditure can range from 5,900 KGS to 47,000 KGS per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Kyrgyzstan is 47,000 KGS per month. Families spend anywhere from 14,000 KGS to 70,000 KGS.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Kyrgyzstan is 12,000 KGS. Students spend from 2,000 KGS to 25,000 KGS per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Kyrgyzstan

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

3.9 KGS

3.9 KGS
3.9 KGS

Fast food
combo meal

39 KGS

28 KGS
65 KGS

Restaurant
meal for one

130 KGS

100 KGS
160 KGS

Fine dining
meal for one

330 KGS

220 KGS
390 KGS

Soda
Soft Drink

3.3 KGS

3.3 KGS
3.3 KGS

Cappuccino
or latte

26 KGS

16 KGS
39 KGS

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

20 KGS

16 KGS
22 KGS

Loaf of
bread

2.8 KGS

2.4 KGS
3.3 KGS

12
eggs

20 KGS

16 KGS
24 KGS

Fresh whole
chicken

45 KGS

36 KGS
56 KGS

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

51 KGS

43 KGS
65 KGS

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

28 KGS

24 KGS
33 KGS

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

13 KGS

11 KGS
16 KGS

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

14 KGS

12 KGS
15 KGS

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

13 KGS

12 KGS
15 KGS

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

20 KGS

16 KGS
39 KGS

Average car
full tank

130 KGS

98 KGS
260 KGS

Average car
1-day rental

130 KGS

98 KGS
200 KGS

Average car
price

98,000 KGS

49,000 KGS
130,000 KGS

Bus ticket
one way

4.9 KGS

3.3 KGS
9.8 KGS

Car
Service

200 KGS

130 KGS
390 KGS

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

940 KGS

230 KGS
2,000 KGS

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

1,200 KGS

290 KGS
2,300 KGS

Electricity
and water bill
Family

1,900 KGS

410 KGS
2,100 KGS

Internet
and cable

200 KGS

98 KGS
260 KGS

Mobile phone
charges

130 KGS

78 KGS
390 KGS

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

65 KGS

49 KGS
98 KGS

One month gym
membership

200 KGS

160 KGS
390 KGS

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

160 KGS

110 KGS
240 KGS

Woman
dress

150 KGS

110 KGS
490 KGS

Woman
shoes

140 KGS

100 KGS
330 KGS

Men
shoes

110 KGS

89 KGS
220 KGS

Men
suit

120 KGS

98 KGS
650 KGS

Regular
t-shirt

65 KGS

49 KGS
200 KGS

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

2,400 KGS

1,600 KGS
6,500 KGS

1-bedroom
apartment

3,900 KGS

2,400 KGS
9,800 KGS

2-bedroom
apartment

4,900 KGS

3,300 KGS
13,000 KGS

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

490,000 KGS

330,000 KGS
980,000 KGS

1-bedroom
apartment

650,000 KGS

390,000 KGS
2,400,000 KGS

2-bedroom
apartment

2,000,000 KGS

650,000 KGS
3,900,000 KGS

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

2,400 KGS

2,000 KGS
3,300 KGS

Double
Bed

2,000 KGS

1,300 KGS
2,400 KGS

Single
Bed

1,500 KGS

1,100 KGS
2,000 KGS

Living
Room

2,800 KGS

2,200 KGS
9,800 KGS

Dining
Table

1,300 KGS

980 KGS
2,400 KGS

Sofa
or Couch

1,800 KGS

1,300 KGS
3,900 KGS

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

2,000 KGS

1,300 KGS
3,900 KGS

Fridge
or Freezer

1,800 KGS

1,100 KGS
2,400 KGS

Washing
Machine

2,200 KGS

1,500 KGS
3,900 KGS

Stove
or Cooker

1,800 KGS

1,400 KGS
2,400 KGS

Mobile
Phone

2,000 KGS

1,600 KGS
2,800 KGS

Laptop
or Computer

2,200 KGS

1,800 KGS
3,900 KGS

How do people spend their money in Kyrgyzstan?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Kyrgyzstan

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW1,400 KGS
AVERAGE5,600 KGS
HIGH12,000 KGS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW230 KGS
AVERAGE940 KGS
HIGH2,000 KGS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW310 KGS
AVERAGE1,300 KGS
HIGH2,700 KGS
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW630 KGS
AVERAGE2,500 KGS
HIGH5,300 KGS
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW350 KGS
AVERAGE1,400 KGS
HIGH3,000 KGS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW200 KGS
AVERAGE780 KGS
HIGH1,700 KGS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW78 KGS
AVERAGE310 KGS
HIGH660 KGS
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW700 KGS
AVERAGE2,800 KGS
HIGH6,000 KGS
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Kyrgyzstan

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW1,900 KGS
AVERAGE9,700 KGS
HIGH15,000 KGS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW290 KGS
AVERAGE1,200 KGS
HIGH2,300 KGS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW700 KGS
AVERAGE3,500 KGS
HIGH5,600 KGS
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW820 KGS
AVERAGE4,100 KGS
HIGH6,600 KGS
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW650 KGS
AVERAGE3,200 KGS
HIGH5,200 KGS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW350 KGS
AVERAGE1,800 KGS
HIGH2,800 KGS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW120 KGS
AVERAGE590 KGS
HIGH940 KGS
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW1,000 KGS
AVERAGE5,000 KGS
HIGH8,000 KGS
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Kyrgyzstan

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW4,400 KGS
AVERAGE15,000 KGS
HIGH23,000 KGS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW410 KGS
AVERAGE1,900 KGS
HIGH2,100 KGS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW1,100 KGS
AVERAGE3,800 KGS
HIGH5,600 KGS
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW2,500 KGS
AVERAGE8,400 KGS
HIGH13,000 KGS
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW1,100 KGS
AVERAGE3,800 KGS
HIGH5,600 KGS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW680 KGS
AVERAGE2,300 KGS
HIGH3,500 KGS
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW1,900 KGS
AVERAGE6,600 KGS
HIGH9,900 KGS
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW1,600 KGS
AVERAGE5,600 KGS
HIGH8,400 KGS
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Kyrgyzstan

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW470 KGS
AVERAGE2,800 KGS
HIGH6,100 KGS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW78 KGS
AVERAGE470 KGS
HIGH1,000 KGS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW140 KGS
AVERAGE820 KGS
HIGH1,800 KGS
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW390 KGS
AVERAGE2,300 KGS
HIGH5,100 KGS
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW120 KGS
AVERAGE700 KGS
HIGH1,500 KGS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW98 KGS
AVERAGE590 KGS
HIGH1,300 KGS
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW370 KGS
AVERAGE2,200 KGS
HIGH4,800 KGS
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW290 KGS
AVERAGE1,800 KGS
HIGH3,800 KGS
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Kyrgyzstan typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 8,300 KGS with expenditure ranging from 2,000 KGS and 14,000 KGS. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Kyrgyzstan ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 1,100 KGS with 250 KGS and 1,900 KGS being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 560 KGS to 3,900 KGS on commuting with 2,300 KGS being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Kyrgyzstan is 4,300 KGS. The cost of groceries can range between 1,100 KGS to 7,400 KGS. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Kyrgyzstan allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 550 KGS to 3,800 KGS with 2,300 KGS being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 330 KGS to 2,300 KGS with 1,400 KGS being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 2,400 KGS per month with 620 KGS being the minimum spent amount and 4,100 KGS being the maximum.

©copound