Cost Of Living in Martinique

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Martinique

Whether you're living in Martinique or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,400 EUR
average per month
600 EUR
Range
5,100 EUR

Couple
4,500 EUR
average per month
910 EUR
Range
7,300 EUR

Family
7,300 EUR
average per month
2,100 EUR
Range
11,000 EUR

Student
1,800 EUR
average per month
300 EUR
Range
3,900 EUR
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Martinique is 2,400 EUR. Expenses can range from 600 EUR at the minimum level to 5,100 EUR at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Martinique is 4,500 EUR. Expenditure can range from 910 EUR to 7,300 EUR per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Martinique is 7,300 EUR per month. Families spend anywhere from 2,100 EUR to 11,000 EUR.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Martinique is 1,800 EUR. Students spend from 300 EUR to 3,900 EUR per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Martinique

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.60 EUR

0.60 EUR
0.60 EUR

Fast food
combo meal

6.0 EUR

4.3 EUR
10 EUR

Restaurant
meal for one

20 EUR

16 EUR
25 EUR

Fine dining
meal for one

50 EUR

34 EUR
60 EUR

Soda
Soft Drink

0.50 EUR

0.50 EUR
0.50 EUR

Cappuccino
or latte

4.0 EUR

2.5 EUR
6.0 EUR

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

3.0 EUR

2.5 EUR
3.4 EUR

Loaf of
bread

0.43 EUR

0.38 EUR
0.50 EUR

12
eggs

3.0 EUR

2.5 EUR
3.8 EUR

Fresh whole
chicken

7.0 EUR

5.5 EUR
8.6 EUR

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

8.0 EUR

6.7 EUR
10 EUR

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

4.3 EUR

3.8 EUR
5.0 EUR

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 EUR

1.7 EUR
2.5 EUR

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

2.2 EUR

1.9 EUR
2.3 EUR

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

2.1 EUR

1.8 EUR
2.3 EUR

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

3.0 EUR

2.5 EUR
6.0 EUR

Average car
full tank

20 EUR

15 EUR
40 EUR

Average car
1-day rental

20 EUR

15 EUR
30 EUR

Average car
price

15,000 EUR

7,600 EUR
20,000 EUR

Bus ticket
one way

0.76 EUR

0.50 EUR
1.5 EUR

Car
Service

30 EUR

20 EUR
60 EUR

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

150 EUR

36 EUR
310 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

180 EUR

45 EUR
360 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Family

290 EUR

63 EUR
330 EUR

Internet
and cable

30 EUR

15 EUR
40 EUR

Mobile phone
charges

20 EUR

12 EUR
60 EUR

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

10 EUR

7.6 EUR
15 EUR

One month gym
membership

30 EUR

24 EUR
60 EUR

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

25 EUR

18 EUR
38 EUR

Woman
dress

23 EUR

17 EUR
76 EUR

Woman
shoes

22 EUR

16 EUR
50 EUR

Men
shoes

17 EUR

14 EUR
34 EUR

Men
suit

19 EUR

15 EUR
100 EUR

Regular
t-shirt

10 EUR

7.6 EUR
30 EUR

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

380 EUR

250 EUR
1,000 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

600 EUR

380 EUR
1,500 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

760 EUR

500 EUR
2,000 EUR

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

76,000 EUR

50,000 EUR
150,000 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

100,000 EUR

60,000 EUR
380,000 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

300,000 EUR

100,000 EUR
600,000 EUR

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

380 EUR

300 EUR
500 EUR

Double
Bed

300 EUR

200 EUR
380 EUR

Single
Bed

230 EUR

180 EUR
300 EUR

Living
Room

430 EUR

340 EUR
1,500 EUR

Dining
Table

200 EUR

150 EUR
380 EUR

Sofa
or Couch

270 EUR

200 EUR
600 EUR

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

300 EUR

200 EUR
600 EUR

Fridge
or Freezer

270 EUR

180 EUR
380 EUR

Washing
Machine

340 EUR

230 EUR
600 EUR

Stove
or Cooker

270 EUR

220 EUR
380 EUR

Mobile
Phone

300 EUR

250 EUR
430 EUR

Laptop
or Computer

340 EUR

270 EUR
600 EUR

How do people spend their money in Martinique?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Martinique

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW220 EUR
AVERAGE870 EUR
HIGH1,800 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW36 EUR
AVERAGE150 EUR
HIGH310 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW48 EUR
AVERAGE190 EUR
HIGH410 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW97 EUR
AVERAGE390 EUR
HIGH820 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW54 EUR
AVERAGE220 EUR
HIGH460 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW30 EUR
AVERAGE120 EUR
HIGH260 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW12 EUR
AVERAGE48 EUR
HIGH100 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW110 EUR
AVERAGE440 EUR
HIGH920 EUR
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Martinique

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW300 EUR
AVERAGE1,500 EUR
HIGH2,400 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW45 EUR
AVERAGE180 EUR
HIGH360 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW110 EUR
AVERAGE540 EUR
HIGH870 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW130 EUR
AVERAGE630 EUR
HIGH1,000 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW100 EUR
AVERAGE500 EUR
HIGH800 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW54 EUR
AVERAGE270 EUR
HIGH440 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 EUR
AVERAGE91 EUR
HIGH150 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE770 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Martinique

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW680 EUR
AVERAGE2,300 EUR
HIGH3,500 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW63 EUR
AVERAGE290 EUR
HIGH330 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW170 EUR
AVERAGE580 EUR
HIGH870 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW380 EUR
AVERAGE1,300 EUR
HIGH2,000 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW170 EUR
AVERAGE580 EUR
HIGH870 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW110 EUR
AVERAGE360 EUR
HIGH540 EUR
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW300 EUR
AVERAGE1,000 EUR
HIGH1,500 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW250 EUR
AVERAGE870 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Martinique

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW73 EUR
AVERAGE440 EUR
HIGH940 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW12 EUR
AVERAGE73 EUR
HIGH160 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW21 EUR
AVERAGE130 EUR
HIGH270 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW60 EUR
AVERAGE360 EUR
HIGH790 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW18 EUR
AVERAGE110 EUR
HIGH240 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW15 EUR
AVERAGE91 EUR
HIGH200 EUR
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW57 EUR
AVERAGE340 EUR
HIGH750 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW45 EUR
AVERAGE270 EUR
HIGH590 EUR
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Martinique typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,300 EUR with expenditure ranging from 320 EUR and 2,200 EUR. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Martinique ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 170 EUR with 39 EUR and 290 EUR being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 87 EUR to 610 EUR on commuting with 360 EUR being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Martinique is 670 EUR. The cost of groceries can range between 170 EUR to 1,100 EUR. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Martinique allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 85 EUR to 590 EUR with 350 EUR being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 51 EUR to 360 EUR with 210 EUR being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 370 EUR per month with 96 EUR being the minimum spent amount and 630 EUR being the maximum.

©copound