Cost Of Living in Mayotte

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Mayotte

Whether you're living in Mayotte or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,100 EUR
average per month
520 EUR
Range
4,400 EUR

Couple
3,900 EUR
average per month
780 EUR
Range
6,200 EUR

Family
6,200 EUR
average per month
1,800 EUR
Range
9,400 EUR

Student
1,600 EUR
average per month
260 EUR
Range
3,400 EUR
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Mayotte is 2,100 EUR. Expenses can range from 520 EUR at the minimum level to 4,400 EUR at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Mayotte is 3,900 EUR. Expenditure can range from 780 EUR to 6,200 EUR per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Mayotte is 6,200 EUR per month. Families spend anywhere from 1,800 EUR to 9,400 EUR.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Mayotte is 1,600 EUR. Students spend from 260 EUR to 3,400 EUR per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Mayotte

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.52 EUR

0.52 EUR
0.52 EUR

Fast food
combo meal

5.2 EUR

3.7 EUR
8.7 EUR

Restaurant
meal for one

17 EUR

14 EUR
22 EUR

Fine dining
meal for one

43 EUR

29 EUR
52 EUR

Soda
Soft Drink

0.43 EUR

0.43 EUR
0.43 EUR

Cappuccino
or latte

3.5 EUR

2.2 EUR
5.2 EUR

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

2.6 EUR

2.2 EUR
2.9 EUR

Loaf of
bread

0.37 EUR

0.32 EUR
0.43 EUR

12
eggs

2.6 EUR

2.2 EUR
3.3 EUR

Fresh whole
chicken

6.0 EUR

4.7 EUR
7.4 EUR

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

6.8 EUR

5.8 EUR
8.7 EUR

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

3.7 EUR

3.3 EUR
4.3 EUR

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

1.7 EUR

1.4 EUR
2.2 EUR

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

1.9 EUR

1.6 EUR
2.0 EUR

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

1.8 EUR

1.6 EUR
2.0 EUR

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

2.6 EUR

2.2 EUR
5.2 EUR

Average car
full tank

17 EUR

13 EUR
35 EUR

Average car
1-day rental

17 EUR

13 EUR
26 EUR

Average car
price

13,000 EUR

6,500 EUR
17,000 EUR

Bus ticket
one way

0.65 EUR

0.43 EUR
1.3 EUR

Car
Service

26 EUR

17 EUR
52 EUR

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

120 EUR

31 EUR
270 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

160 EUR

39 EUR
310 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Family

250 EUR

55 EUR
280 EUR

Internet
and cable

26 EUR

13 EUR
35 EUR

Mobile phone
charges

17 EUR

10 EUR
52 EUR

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

8.7 EUR

6.5 EUR
13 EUR

One month gym
membership

26 EUR

21 EUR
52 EUR

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

22 EUR

15 EUR
32 EUR

Woman
dress

20 EUR

14 EUR
65 EUR

Woman
shoes

19 EUR

14 EUR
43 EUR

Men
shoes

14 EUR

12 EUR
29 EUR

Men
suit

16 EUR

13 EUR
87 EUR

Regular
t-shirt

8.7 EUR

6.5 EUR
26 EUR

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

320 EUR

220 EUR
870 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

520 EUR

320 EUR
1,300 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

650 EUR

430 EUR
1,700 EUR

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

65,000 EUR

43,000 EUR
130,000 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

87,000 EUR

52,000 EUR
320,000 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

260,000 EUR

87,000 EUR
520,000 EUR

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

320 EUR

260 EUR
430 EUR

Double
Bed

260 EUR

170 EUR
320 EUR

Single
Bed

200 EUR

150 EUR
260 EUR

Living
Room

370 EUR

290 EUR
1,300 EUR

Dining
Table

170 EUR

130 EUR
320 EUR

Sofa
or Couch

240 EUR

170 EUR
520 EUR

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

260 EUR

170 EUR
520 EUR

Fridge
or Freezer

240 EUR

150 EUR
320 EUR

Washing
Machine

290 EUR

200 EUR
520 EUR

Stove
or Cooker

240 EUR

190 EUR
320 EUR

Mobile
Phone

260 EUR

220 EUR
370 EUR

Laptop
or Computer

290 EUR

240 EUR
520 EUR

How do people spend their money in Mayotte?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Mayotte

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW190 EUR
AVERAGE750 EUR
HIGH1,600 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW31 EUR
AVERAGE120 EUR
HIGH270 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW42 EUR
AVERAGE170 EUR
HIGH350 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW83 EUR
AVERAGE330 EUR
HIGH710 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW47 EUR
AVERAGE190 EUR
HIGH400 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW26 EUR
AVERAGE100 EUR
HIGH220 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW10 EUR
AVERAGE42 EUR
HIGH88 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW94 EUR
AVERAGE370 EUR
HIGH790 EUR
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Mayotte

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW260 EUR
AVERAGE1,300 EUR
HIGH2,100 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW39 EUR
AVERAGE160 EUR
HIGH310 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW94 EUR
AVERAGE470 EUR
HIGH750 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW110 EUR
AVERAGE550 EUR
HIGH870 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW86 EUR
AVERAGE430 EUR
HIGH690 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW47 EUR
AVERAGE230 EUR
HIGH370 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW16 EUR
AVERAGE78 EUR
HIGH120 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW130 EUR
AVERAGE660 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Mayotte

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW580 EUR
AVERAGE2,000 EUR
HIGH3,000 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW55 EUR
AVERAGE250 EUR
HIGH280 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE500 EUR
HIGH750 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW330 EUR
AVERAGE1,100 EUR
HIGH1,700 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE500 EUR
HIGH750 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW91 EUR
AVERAGE310 EUR
HIGH470 EUR
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW250 EUR
AVERAGE870 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW220 EUR
AVERAGE750 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Mayotte

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW62 EUR
AVERAGE370 EUR
HIGH810 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW10 EUR
AVERAGE62 EUR
HIGH140 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW18 EUR
AVERAGE110 EUR
HIGH240 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW52 EUR
AVERAGE310 EUR
HIGH680 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW16 EUR
AVERAGE94 EUR
HIGH200 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW13 EUR
AVERAGE78 EUR
HIGH170 EUR
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW49 EUR
AVERAGE300 EUR
HIGH640 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW39 EUR
AVERAGE230 EUR
HIGH510 EUR
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Mayotte typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,100 EUR with expenditure ranging from 270 EUR and 1,900 EUR. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Mayotte ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 150 EUR with 34 EUR and 250 EUR being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 75 EUR to 520 EUR on commuting with 310 EUR being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Mayotte is 580 EUR. The cost of groceries can range between 140 EUR to 980 EUR. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Mayotte allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 73 EUR to 510 EUR with 300 EUR being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 44 EUR to 310 EUR with 180 EUR being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 320 EUR per month with 82 EUR being the minimum spent amount and 540 EUR being the maximum.

©copound