Cost Of Living in Micronesia

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Micronesia

Whether you're living in Micronesia or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
1,100 USD
average per month
280 USD
Range
2,400 USD

Couple
2,100 USD
average per month
420 USD
Range
3,400 USD

Family
3,400 USD
average per month
990 USD
Range
5,100 USD

Student
850 USD
average per month
140 USD
Range
1,800 USD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Micronesia is 1,100 USD. Expenses can range from 280 USD at the minimum level to 2,400 USD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Micronesia is 2,100 USD. Expenditure can range from 420 USD to 3,400 USD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Micronesia is 3,400 USD per month. Families spend anywhere from 990 USD to 5,100 USD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Micronesia is 850 USD. Students spend from 140 USD to 1,800 USD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Micronesia

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.28 USD

0.28 USD
0.28 USD

Fast food
combo meal

2.8 USD

2.0 USD
4.7 USD

Restaurant
meal for one

9.4 USD

7.4 USD
12 USD

Fine dining
meal for one

24 USD

16 USD
28 USD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.24 USD

0.24 USD
0.24 USD

Cappuccino
or latte

1.9 USD

1.2 USD
2.8 USD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

1.4 USD

1.2 USD
1.6 USD

Loaf of
bread

0.20 USD

0.18 USD
0.24 USD

12
eggs

1.4 USD

1.2 USD
1.8 USD

Fresh whole
chicken

3.3 USD

2.6 USD
4.0 USD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

3.7 USD

3.1 USD
4.7 USD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 USD

1.8 USD
2.4 USD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

0.94 USD

0.78 USD
1.2 USD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

1.0 USD

0.88 USD
1.1 USD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

0.97 USD

0.85 USD
1.1 USD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

1.4 USD

1.2 USD
2.8 USD

Average car
full tank

9.4 USD

7.1 USD
19 USD

Average car
1-day rental

9.4 USD

7.1 USD
14 USD

Average car
price

7,100 USD

3,500 USD
9,400 USD

Bus ticket
one way

0.35 USD

0.24 USD
0.71 USD

Car
Service

14 USD

9.4 USD
28 USD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

68 USD

17 USD
140 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

85 USD

21 USD
170 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

140 USD

30 USD
150 USD

Internet
and cable

14 USD

7.1 USD
19 USD

Mobile phone
charges

9.4 USD

5.6 USD
28 USD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

4.7 USD

3.5 USD
7.1 USD

One month gym
membership

14 USD

11 USD
28 USD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

12 USD

8.3 USD
18 USD

Woman
dress

11 USD

7.8 USD
35 USD

Woman
shoes

10 USD

7.4 USD
24 USD

Men
shoes

7.8 USD

6.4 USD
16 USD

Men
suit

8.8 USD

7.1 USD
47 USD

Regular
t-shirt

4.7 USD

3.5 USD
14 USD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

180 USD

120 USD
470 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

280 USD

180 USD
710 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

350 USD

240 USD
940 USD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

35,000 USD

24,000 USD
71,000 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

47,000 USD

28,000 USD
180,000 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

140,000 USD

47,000 USD
280,000 USD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

180 USD

140 USD
240 USD

Double
Bed

140 USD

94 USD
180 USD

Single
Bed

110 USD

83 USD
140 USD

Living
Room

200 USD

160 USD
710 USD

Dining
Table

94 USD

71 USD
180 USD

Sofa
or Couch

130 USD

94 USD
280 USD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

140 USD

94 USD
280 USD

Fridge
or Freezer

130 USD

83 USD
180 USD

Washing
Machine

160 USD

110 USD
280 USD

Stove
or Cooker

130 USD

100 USD
180 USD

Mobile
Phone

140 USD

120 USD
200 USD

Laptop
or Computer

160 USD

130 USD
280 USD

How do people spend their money in Micronesia?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Micronesia

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW100 USD
AVERAGE410 USD
HIGH860 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW17 USD
AVERAGE68 USD
HIGH140 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW23 USD
AVERAGE90 USD
HIGH190 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW45 USD
AVERAGE180 USD
HIGH380 USD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW25 USD
AVERAGE100 USD
HIGH220 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW14 USD
AVERAGE56 USD
HIGH120 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW5.6 USD
AVERAGE23 USD
HIGH48 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW51 USD
AVERAGE200 USD
HIGH430 USD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Micronesia

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW140 USD
AVERAGE700 USD
HIGH1,100 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW21 USD
AVERAGE85 USD
HIGH170 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW51 USD
AVERAGE250 USD
HIGH410 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW59 USD
AVERAGE300 USD
HIGH470 USD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW47 USD
AVERAGE230 USD
HIGH370 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW25 USD
AVERAGE130 USD
HIGH200 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW8.5 USD
AVERAGE42 USD
HIGH68 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW72 USD
AVERAGE360 USD
HIGH580 USD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Micronesia

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW320 USD
AVERAGE1,100 USD
HIGH1,600 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW30 USD
AVERAGE140 USD
HIGH150 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW79 USD
AVERAGE270 USD
HIGH410 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW180 USD
AVERAGE610 USD
HIGH910 USD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW79 USD
AVERAGE270 USD
HIGH410 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW49 USD
AVERAGE170 USD
HIGH250 USD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW140 USD
AVERAGE470 USD
HIGH710 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW120 USD
AVERAGE410 USD
HIGH610 USD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Micronesia

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW34 USD
AVERAGE200 USD
HIGH440 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW5.6 USD
AVERAGE34 USD
HIGH73 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW9.9 USD
AVERAGE59 USD
HIGH130 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW28 USD
AVERAGE170 USD
HIGH370 USD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW8.5 USD
AVERAGE51 USD
HIGH110 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW7.1 USD
AVERAGE42 USD
HIGH92 USD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW27 USD
AVERAGE160 USD
HIGH350 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW21 USD
AVERAGE130 USD
HIGH270 USD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Micronesia typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 600 USD with expenditure ranging from 150 USD and 1,000 USD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Micronesia ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 80 USD with 18 USD and 130 USD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 41 USD to 280 USD on commuting with 170 USD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Micronesia is 310 USD. The cost of groceries can range between 78 USD to 530 USD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Micronesia allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 40 USD to 280 USD with 160 USD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 24 USD to 170 USD with 99 USD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 170 USD per month with 45 USD being the minimum spent amount and 290 USD being the maximum.

©copound