Cost Of Living in Montserrat

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Montserrat

Whether you're living in Montserrat or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,200 XCD
average per month
550 XCD
Range
4,600 XCD

Couple
4,100 XCD
average per month
820 XCD
Range
6,500 XCD

Family
6,500 XCD
average per month
1,900 XCD
Range
9,800 XCD

Student
1,600 XCD
average per month
270 XCD
Range
3,500 XCD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Montserrat is 2,200 XCD. Expenses can range from 550 XCD at the minimum level to 4,600 XCD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Montserrat is 4,100 XCD. Expenditure can range from 820 XCD to 6,500 XCD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Montserrat is 6,500 XCD per month. Families spend anywhere from 1,900 XCD to 9,800 XCD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Montserrat is 1,600 XCD. Students spend from 270 XCD to 3,500 XCD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Montserrat

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.55 XCD

0.55 XCD
0.55 XCD

Fast food
combo meal

5.5 XCD

3.9 XCD
9.1 XCD

Restaurant
meal for one

18 XCD

14 XCD
23 XCD

Fine dining
meal for one

45 XCD

30 XCD
55 XCD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.45 XCD

0.45 XCD
0.45 XCD

Cappuccino
or latte

3.6 XCD

2.3 XCD
5.5 XCD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

2.7 XCD

2.3 XCD
3.0 XCD

Loaf of
bread

0.39 XCD

0.34 XCD
0.45 XCD

12
eggs

2.7 XCD

2.3 XCD
3.4 XCD

Fresh whole
chicken

6.3 XCD

5.0 XCD
7.8 XCD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

7.2 XCD

6.1 XCD
9.1 XCD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

3.9 XCD

3.4 XCD
4.5 XCD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

1.8 XCD

1.5 XCD
2.3 XCD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

2.0 XCD

1.7 XCD
2.1 XCD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

1.9 XCD

1.7 XCD
2.1 XCD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

2.7 XCD

2.3 XCD
5.5 XCD

Average car
full tank

18 XCD

14 XCD
36 XCD

Average car
1-day rental

18 XCD

14 XCD
27 XCD

Average car
price

14,000 XCD

6,800 XCD
18,000 XCD

Bus ticket
one way

0.68 XCD

0.45 XCD
1.4 XCD

Car
Service

27 XCD

18 XCD
55 XCD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

130 XCD

33 XCD
280 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

160 XCD

41 XCD
330 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

260 XCD

57 XCD
290 XCD

Internet
and cable

27 XCD

14 XCD
36 XCD

Mobile phone
charges

18 XCD

11 XCD
55 XCD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

9.1 XCD

6.8 XCD
14 XCD

One month gym
membership

27 XCD

22 XCD
55 XCD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

23 XCD

16 XCD
34 XCD

Woman
dress

21 XCD

15 XCD
68 XCD

Woman
shoes

19 XCD

14 XCD
45 XCD

Men
shoes

15 XCD

12 XCD
30 XCD

Men
suit

17 XCD

14 XCD
91 XCD

Regular
t-shirt

9.1 XCD

6.8 XCD
27 XCD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

340 XCD

230 XCD
910 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

550 XCD

340 XCD
1,400 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

680 XCD

450 XCD
1,800 XCD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

68,000 XCD

45,000 XCD
140,000 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

91,000 XCD

55,000 XCD
340,000 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

270,000 XCD

91,000 XCD
550,000 XCD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

340 XCD

270 XCD
450 XCD

Double
Bed

270 XCD

180 XCD
340 XCD

Single
Bed

210 XCD

160 XCD
270 XCD

Living
Room

390 XCD

300 XCD
1,400 XCD

Dining
Table

180 XCD

140 XCD
340 XCD

Sofa
or Couch

250 XCD

180 XCD
550 XCD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

270 XCD

180 XCD
550 XCD

Fridge
or Freezer

250 XCD

160 XCD
340 XCD

Washing
Machine

300 XCD

210 XCD
550 XCD

Stove
or Cooker

250 XCD

190 XCD
340 XCD

Mobile
Phone

270 XCD

230 XCD
390 XCD

Laptop
or Computer

300 XCD

250 XCD
550 XCD

How do people spend their money in Montserrat?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Montserrat

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW200 XCD
AVERAGE780 XCD
HIGH1,700 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW33 XCD
AVERAGE130 XCD
HIGH280 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW44 XCD
AVERAGE170 XCD
HIGH370 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW87 XCD
AVERAGE350 XCD
HIGH740 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW49 XCD
AVERAGE200 XCD
HIGH420 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW27 XCD
AVERAGE110 XCD
HIGH230 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW11 XCD
AVERAGE44 XCD
HIGH93 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW98 XCD
AVERAGE390 XCD
HIGH830 XCD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Montserrat

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW270 XCD
AVERAGE1,300 XCD
HIGH2,200 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW41 XCD
AVERAGE160 XCD
HIGH330 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW98 XCD
AVERAGE490 XCD
HIGH780 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE570 XCD
HIGH920 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW90 XCD
AVERAGE450 XCD
HIGH720 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW49 XCD
AVERAGE250 XCD
HIGH390 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW16 XCD
AVERAGE82 XCD
HIGH130 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW140 XCD
AVERAGE690 XCD
HIGH1,100 XCD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Montserrat

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW610 XCD
AVERAGE2,100 XCD
HIGH3,100 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW57 XCD
AVERAGE260 XCD
HIGH290 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW150 XCD
AVERAGE520 XCD
HIGH780 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW340 XCD
AVERAGE1,200 XCD
HIGH1,800 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW150 XCD
AVERAGE520 XCD
HIGH780 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW95 XCD
AVERAGE330 XCD
HIGH490 XCD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW270 XCD
AVERAGE920 XCD
HIGH1,400 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW230 XCD
AVERAGE780 XCD
HIGH1,200 XCD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Montserrat

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW65 XCD
AVERAGE390 XCD
HIGH850 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW11 XCD
AVERAGE65 XCD
HIGH140 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW19 XCD
AVERAGE110 XCD
HIGH250 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW55 XCD
AVERAGE330 XCD
HIGH710 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW16 XCD
AVERAGE98 XCD
HIGH210 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW14 XCD
AVERAGE82 XCD
HIGH180 XCD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW52 XCD
AVERAGE310 XCD
HIGH670 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW41 XCD
AVERAGE250 XCD
HIGH530 XCD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Montserrat typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,200 XCD with expenditure ranging from 290 XCD and 2,000 XCD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Montserrat ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 160 XCD with 35 XCD and 260 XCD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 78 XCD to 550 XCD on commuting with 330 XCD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Montserrat is 610 XCD. The cost of groceries can range between 150 XCD to 1,000 XCD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Montserrat allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 77 XCD to 530 XCD with 320 XCD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 46 XCD to 320 XCD with 190 XCD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 340 XCD per month with 87 XCD being the minimum spent amount and 570 XCD being the maximum.

©copound