Cost Of Living in Netherlands Antilles

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Netherlands Antilles

Whether you're living in Netherlands Antilles or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
3,500 ANG
average per month
880 ANG
Range
7,500 ANG

Couple
6,600 ANG
average per month
1,300 ANG
Range
11,000 ANG

Family
11,000 ANG
average per month
3,100 ANG
Range
16,000 ANG

Student
2,600 ANG
average per month
440 ANG
Range
5,700 ANG
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Netherlands Antilles is 3,500 ANG. Expenses can range from 880 ANG at the minimum level to 7,500 ANG at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Netherlands Antilles is 6,600 ANG. Expenditure can range from 1,300 ANG to 11,000 ANG per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Netherlands Antilles is 11,000 ANG per month. Families spend anywhere from 3,100 ANG to 16,000 ANG.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Netherlands Antilles is 2,600 ANG. Students spend from 440 ANG to 5,700 ANG per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Netherlands Antilles

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.88 ANG

0.88 ANG
0.88 ANG

Fast food
combo meal

8.8 ANG

6.3 ANG
15 ANG

Restaurant
meal for one

29 ANG

23 ANG
37 ANG

Fine dining
meal for one

73 ANG

49 ANG
88 ANG

Soda
Soft Drink

0.73 ANG

0.73 ANG
0.73 ANG

Cappuccino
or latte

5.9 ANG

3.7 ANG
8.8 ANG

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

4.4 ANG

3.7 ANG
4.9 ANG

Loaf of
bread

0.63 ANG

0.55 ANG
0.73 ANG

12
eggs

4.4 ANG

3.7 ANG
5.5 ANG

Fresh whole
chicken

10 ANG

8.0 ANG
13 ANG

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

12 ANG

9.8 ANG
15 ANG

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

6.3 ANG

5.5 ANG
7.3 ANG

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.9 ANG

2.4 ANG
3.7 ANG

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

3.1 ANG

2.8 ANG
3.4 ANG

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

3.0 ANG

2.7 ANG
3.4 ANG

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

4.4 ANG

3.7 ANG
8.8 ANG

Average car
full tank

29 ANG

22 ANG
59 ANG

Average car
1-day rental

29 ANG

22 ANG
44 ANG

Average car
price

22,000 ANG

11,000 ANG
29,000 ANG

Bus ticket
one way

1.1 ANG

0.73 ANG
2.2 ANG

Car
Service

44 ANG

29 ANG
88 ANG

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

210 ANG

53 ANG
450 ANG

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

260 ANG

66 ANG
530 ANG

Electricity
and water bill
Family

420 ANG

92 ANG
470 ANG

Internet
and cable

44 ANG

22 ANG
59 ANG

Mobile phone
charges

29 ANG

18 ANG
88 ANG

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

15 ANG

11 ANG
22 ANG

One month gym
membership

44 ANG

35 ANG
88 ANG

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

37 ANG

26 ANG
55 ANG

Woman
dress

34 ANG

24 ANG
110 ANG

Woman
shoes

31 ANG

23 ANG
73 ANG

Men
shoes

24 ANG

20 ANG
49 ANG

Men
suit

27 ANG

22 ANG
150 ANG

Regular
t-shirt

15 ANG

11 ANG
44 ANG

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

550 ANG

370 ANG
1,500 ANG

1-bedroom
apartment

880 ANG

550 ANG
2,200 ANG

2-bedroom
apartment

1,100 ANG

730 ANG
2,900 ANG

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

110,000 ANG

73,000 ANG
220,000 ANG

1-bedroom
apartment

150,000 ANG

88,000 ANG
550,000 ANG

2-bedroom
apartment

440,000 ANG

150,000 ANG
880,000 ANG

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

550 ANG

440 ANG
730 ANG

Double
Bed

440 ANG

290 ANG
550 ANG

Single
Bed

340 ANG

260 ANG
440 ANG

Living
Room

630 ANG

490 ANG
2,200 ANG

Dining
Table

290 ANG

220 ANG
550 ANG

Sofa
or Couch

400 ANG

290 ANG
880 ANG

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

440 ANG

290 ANG
880 ANG

Fridge
or Freezer

400 ANG

260 ANG
550 ANG

Washing
Machine

490 ANG

340 ANG
880 ANG

Stove
or Cooker

400 ANG

310 ANG
550 ANG

Mobile
Phone

440 ANG

370 ANG
630 ANG

Laptop
or Computer

490 ANG

400 ANG
880 ANG

How do people spend their money in Netherlands Antilles?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Netherlands Antilles

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW320 ANG
AVERAGE1,300 ANG
HIGH2,700 ANG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW53 ANG
AVERAGE210 ANG
HIGH450 ANG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW70 ANG
AVERAGE280 ANG
HIGH600 ANG
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW140 ANG
AVERAGE560 ANG
HIGH1,200 ANG
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW79 ANG
AVERAGE320 ANG
HIGH670 ANG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW44 ANG
AVERAGE180 ANG
HIGH370 ANG
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 ANG
AVERAGE70 ANG
HIGH150 ANG
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW160 ANG
AVERAGE630 ANG
HIGH1,300 ANG
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Netherlands Antilles

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW440 ANG
AVERAGE2,200 ANG
HIGH3,500 ANG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW66 ANG
AVERAGE260 ANG
HIGH530 ANG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW160 ANG
AVERAGE790 ANG
HIGH1,300 ANG
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW180 ANG
AVERAGE920 ANG
HIGH1,500 ANG
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW150 ANG
AVERAGE730 ANG
HIGH1,200 ANG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW79 ANG
AVERAGE400 ANG
HIGH630 ANG
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW26 ANG
AVERAGE130 ANG
HIGH210 ANG
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW220 ANG
AVERAGE1,100 ANG
HIGH1,800 ANG
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Netherlands Antilles

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW980 ANG
AVERAGE3,400 ANG
HIGH5,100 ANG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW92 ANG
AVERAGE420 ANG
HIGH470 ANG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW250 ANG
AVERAGE840 ANG
HIGH1,300 ANG
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW550 ANG
AVERAGE1,900 ANG
HIGH2,800 ANG
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW250 ANG
AVERAGE840 ANG
HIGH1,300 ANG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW150 ANG
AVERAGE530 ANG
HIGH790 ANG
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW430 ANG
AVERAGE1,500 ANG
HIGH2,200 ANG
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW370 ANG
AVERAGE1,300 ANG
HIGH1,900 ANG
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Netherlands Antilles

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW110 ANG
AVERAGE630 ANG
HIGH1,400 ANG
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW18 ANG
AVERAGE110 ANG
HIGH230 ANG
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW31 ANG
AVERAGE180 ANG
HIGH400 ANG
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW88 ANG
AVERAGE530 ANG
HIGH1,100 ANG
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW26 ANG
AVERAGE160 ANG
HIGH340 ANG
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW22 ANG
AVERAGE130 ANG
HIGH290 ANG
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW84 ANG
AVERAGE500 ANG
HIGH1,100 ANG
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW66 ANG
AVERAGE400 ANG
HIGH860 ANG
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Netherlands Antilles typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,900 ANG with expenditure ranging from 460 ANG and 3,200 ANG. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Netherlands Antilles ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 250 ANG with 57 ANG and 420 ANG being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 130 ANG to 880 ANG on commuting with 530 ANG being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Netherlands Antilles is 980 ANG. The cost of groceries can range between 240 ANG to 1,700 ANG. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Netherlands Antilles allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 120 ANG to 860 ANG with 510 ANG being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 75 ANG to 520 ANG with 310 ANG being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 540 ANG per month with 140 ANG being the minimum spent amount and 920 ANG being the maximum.

©copound