Cost Of Living in Palestine

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Palestine

Whether you're living in Palestine or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
1,400 USD
average per month
340 USD
Range
2,900 USD

Couple
2,600 USD
average per month
510 USD
Range
4,100 USD

Family
4,100 USD
average per month
1,200 USD
Range
6,200 USD

Student
1,000 USD
average per month
170 USD
Range
2,200 USD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Palestine is 1,400 USD. Expenses can range from 340 USD at the minimum level to 2,900 USD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Palestine is 2,600 USD. Expenditure can range from 510 USD to 4,100 USD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Palestine is 4,100 USD per month. Families spend anywhere from 1,200 USD to 6,200 USD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Palestine is 1,000 USD. Students spend from 170 USD to 2,200 USD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Palestine

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.34 USD

0.34 USD
0.34 USD

Fast food
combo meal

3.4 USD

2.5 USD
5.7 USD

Restaurant
meal for one

11 USD

9.0 USD
14 USD

Fine dining
meal for one

29 USD

19 USD
34 USD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.29 USD

0.29 USD
0.29 USD

Cappuccino
or latte

2.3 USD

1.4 USD
3.4 USD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

1.7 USD

1.4 USD
1.9 USD

Loaf of
bread

0.24 USD

0.21 USD
0.29 USD

12
eggs

1.7 USD

1.4 USD
2.1 USD

Fresh whole
chicken

4.0 USD

3.1 USD
4.9 USD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

4.5 USD

3.8 USD
5.7 USD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

2.5 USD

2.1 USD
2.9 USD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

1.1 USD

0.95 USD
1.4 USD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

1.2 USD

1.1 USD
1.3 USD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

1.2 USD

1.0 USD
1.3 USD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

1.7 USD

1.4 USD
3.4 USD

Average car
full tank

11 USD

8.6 USD
23 USD

Average car
1-day rental

11 USD

8.6 USD
17 USD

Average car
price

8,600 USD

4,300 USD
11,000 USD

Bus ticket
one way

0.43 USD

0.29 USD
0.86 USD

Car
Service

17 USD

11 USD
34 USD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

82 USD

21 USD
170 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

100 USD

26 USD
210 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

160 USD

36 USD
190 USD

Internet
and cable

17 USD

8.6 USD
23 USD

Mobile phone
charges

11 USD

6.9 USD
34 USD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

5.7 USD

4.3 USD
8.6 USD

One month gym
membership

17 USD

14 USD
34 USD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

14 USD

10 USD
21 USD

Woman
dress

13 USD

9.5 USD
43 USD

Woman
shoes

12 USD

9.0 USD
29 USD

Men
shoes

9.5 USD

7.8 USD
19 USD

Men
suit

11 USD

8.6 USD
57 USD

Regular
t-shirt

5.7 USD

4.3 USD
17 USD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

210 USD

140 USD
570 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

340 USD

210 USD
860 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

430 USD

290 USD
1,100 USD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

43,000 USD

29,000 USD
86,000 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

57,000 USD

34,000 USD
210,000 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

170,000 USD

57,000 USD
340,000 USD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

210 USD

170 USD
290 USD

Double
Bed

170 USD

110 USD
210 USD

Single
Bed

130 USD

100 USD
170 USD

Living
Room

240 USD

190 USD
860 USD

Dining
Table

110 USD

86 USD
210 USD

Sofa
or Couch

160 USD

110 USD
340 USD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

170 USD

110 USD
340 USD

Fridge
or Freezer

160 USD

100 USD
210 USD

Washing
Machine

190 USD

130 USD
340 USD

Stove
or Cooker

160 USD

120 USD
210 USD

Mobile
Phone

170 USD

140 USD
240 USD

Laptop
or Computer

190 USD

160 USD
340 USD

How do people spend their money in Palestine?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Palestine

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW120 USD
AVERAGE490 USD
HIGH1,000 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW21 USD
AVERAGE82 USD
HIGH170 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW27 USD
AVERAGE110 USD
HIGH230 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW55 USD
AVERAGE220 USD
HIGH470 USD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW31 USD
AVERAGE120 USD
HIGH260 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW17 USD
AVERAGE69 USD
HIGH150 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW6.9 USD
AVERAGE27 USD
HIGH58 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW62 USD
AVERAGE250 USD
HIGH520 USD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Palestine

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW170 USD
AVERAGE850 USD
HIGH1,400 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW26 USD
AVERAGE100 USD
HIGH210 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW62 USD
AVERAGE310 USD
HIGH490 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW72 USD
AVERAGE360 USD
HIGH580 USD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW57 USD
AVERAGE280 USD
HIGH450 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW31 USD
AVERAGE150 USD
HIGH250 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW10 USD
AVERAGE51 USD
HIGH82 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW87 USD
AVERAGE440 USD
HIGH700 USD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Palestine

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW380 USD
AVERAGE1,300 USD
HIGH2,000 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW36 USD
AVERAGE160 USD
HIGH190 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW96 USD
AVERAGE330 USD
HIGH490 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW220 USD
AVERAGE740 USD
HIGH1,100 USD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW96 USD
AVERAGE330 USD
HIGH490 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW60 USD
AVERAGE210 USD
HIGH310 USD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW170 USD
AVERAGE580 USD
HIGH860 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW140 USD
AVERAGE490 USD
HIGH740 USD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Palestine

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW41 USD
AVERAGE250 USD
HIGH530 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW6.9 USD
AVERAGE41 USD
HIGH89 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW12 USD
AVERAGE72 USD
HIGH160 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW34 USD
AVERAGE210 USD
HIGH450 USD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW10 USD
AVERAGE62 USD
HIGH130 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW8.6 USD
AVERAGE51 USD
HIGH110 USD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW33 USD
AVERAGE200 USD
HIGH420 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW26 USD
AVERAGE150 USD
HIGH330 USD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Palestine typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 730 USD with expenditure ranging from 180 USD and 1,200 USD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Palestine ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 98 USD with 22 USD and 160 USD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 49 USD to 340 USD on commuting with 200 USD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Palestine is 380 USD. The cost of groceries can range between 94 USD to 650 USD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Palestine allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 48 USD to 340 USD with 200 USD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 29 USD to 200 USD with 120 USD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 210 USD per month with 54 USD being the minimum spent amount and 360 USD being the maximum.

©copound