Cost Of Living in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Whether you're living in Saint Kitts and Nevis or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
2,700 XCD
average per month
680 XCD
Range
5,800 XCD

Couple
5,100 XCD
average per month
1,000 XCD
Range
8,100 XCD

Family
8,100 XCD
average per month
2,400 XCD
Range
12,000 XCD

Student
2,000 XCD
average per month
340 XCD
Range
4,400 XCD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 2,700 XCD. Expenses can range from 680 XCD at the minimum level to 5,800 XCD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 5,100 XCD. Expenditure can range from 1,000 XCD to 8,100 XCD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 8,100 XCD per month. Families spend anywhere from 2,400 XCD to 12,000 XCD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 2,000 XCD. Students spend from 340 XCD to 4,400 XCD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.68 XCD

0.68 XCD
0.68 XCD

Fast food
combo meal

6.8 XCD

4.9 XCD
11 XCD

Restaurant
meal for one

23 XCD

18 XCD
28 XCD

Fine dining
meal for one

57 XCD

38 XCD
68 XCD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.57 XCD

0.57 XCD
0.57 XCD

Cappuccino
or latte

4.5 XCD

2.8 XCD
6.8 XCD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

3.4 XCD

2.8 XCD
3.8 XCD

Loaf of
bread

0.49 XCD

0.42 XCD
0.57 XCD

12
eggs

3.4 XCD

2.8 XCD
4.2 XCD

Fresh whole
chicken

7.9 XCD

6.2 XCD
9.7 XCD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

8.9 XCD

7.5 XCD
11 XCD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

4.9 XCD

4.2 XCD
5.7 XCD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

2.3 XCD

1.9 XCD
2.8 XCD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

2.4 XCD

2.1 XCD
2.6 XCD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

2.3 XCD

2.1 XCD
2.6 XCD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

3.4 XCD

2.8 XCD
6.8 XCD

Average car
full tank

23 XCD

17 XCD
45 XCD

Average car
1-day rental

23 XCD

17 XCD
34 XCD

Average car
price

17,000 XCD

8,500 XCD
23,000 XCD

Bus ticket
one way

0.85 XCD

0.57 XCD
1.7 XCD

Car
Service

34 XCD

23 XCD
68 XCD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

160 XCD

41 XCD
350 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

200 XCD

51 XCD
410 XCD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

330 XCD

71 XCD
370 XCD

Internet
and cable

34 XCD

17 XCD
45 XCD

Mobile phone
charges

23 XCD

14 XCD
68 XCD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

11 XCD

8.5 XCD
17 XCD

One month gym
membership

34 XCD

27 XCD
68 XCD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

28 XCD

20 XCD
42 XCD

Woman
dress

26 XCD

19 XCD
85 XCD

Woman
shoes

24 XCD

18 XCD
57 XCD

Men
shoes

19 XCD

15 XCD
38 XCD

Men
suit

21 XCD

17 XCD
110 XCD

Regular
t-shirt

11 XCD

8.5 XCD
34 XCD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

420 XCD

280 XCD
1,100 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

680 XCD

420 XCD
1,700 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

850 XCD

570 XCD
2,300 XCD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

85,000 XCD

57,000 XCD
170,000 XCD

1-bedroom
apartment

110,000 XCD

68,000 XCD
420,000 XCD

2-bedroom
apartment

340,000 XCD

110,000 XCD
680,000 XCD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

420 XCD

340 XCD
570 XCD

Double
Bed

340 XCD

230 XCD
420 XCD

Single
Bed

260 XCD

200 XCD
340 XCD

Living
Room

490 XCD

380 XCD
1,700 XCD

Dining
Table

230 XCD

170 XCD
420 XCD

Sofa
or Couch

310 XCD

230 XCD
680 XCD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

340 XCD

230 XCD
680 XCD

Fridge
or Freezer

310 XCD

200 XCD
420 XCD

Washing
Machine

380 XCD

260 XCD
680 XCD

Stove
or Cooker

310 XCD

240 XCD
420 XCD

Mobile
Phone

340 XCD

280 XCD
490 XCD

Laptop
or Computer

380 XCD

310 XCD
680 XCD

How do people spend their money in Saint Kitts and Nevis?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW240 XCD
AVERAGE980 XCD
HIGH2,100 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW41 XCD
AVERAGE160 XCD
HIGH350 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW54 XCD
AVERAGE220 XCD
HIGH460 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE430 XCD
HIGH920 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW61 XCD
AVERAGE240 XCD
HIGH520 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW34 XCD
AVERAGE140 XCD
HIGH290 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW14 XCD
AVERAGE54 XCD
HIGH120 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW120 XCD
AVERAGE490 XCD
HIGH1,000 XCD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW340 XCD
AVERAGE1,700 XCD
HIGH2,700 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW51 XCD
AVERAGE200 XCD
HIGH410 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW120 XCD
AVERAGE610 XCD
HIGH980 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW140 XCD
AVERAGE710 XCD
HIGH1,100 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW110 XCD
AVERAGE560 XCD
HIGH900 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW61 XCD
AVERAGE310 XCD
HIGH490 XCD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW20 XCD
AVERAGE100 XCD
HIGH160 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW170 XCD
AVERAGE870 XCD
HIGH1,400 XCD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW760 XCD
AVERAGE2,600 XCD
HIGH3,900 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW71 XCD
AVERAGE330 XCD
HIGH370 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW190 XCD
AVERAGE650 XCD
HIGH980 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW430 XCD
AVERAGE1,500 XCD
HIGH2,200 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW190 XCD
AVERAGE650 XCD
HIGH980 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW120 XCD
AVERAGE410 XCD
HIGH610 XCD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW330 XCD
AVERAGE1,100 XCD
HIGH1,700 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW290 XCD
AVERAGE980 XCD
HIGH1,500 XCD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW81 XCD
AVERAGE490 XCD
HIGH1,100 XCD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW14 XCD
AVERAGE81 XCD
HIGH180 XCD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW24 XCD
AVERAGE140 XCD
HIGH310 XCD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW68 XCD
AVERAGE410 XCD
HIGH880 XCD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW20 XCD
AVERAGE120 XCD
HIGH260 XCD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW17 XCD
AVERAGE100 XCD
HIGH220 XCD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW65 XCD
AVERAGE390 XCD
HIGH840 XCD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW51 XCD
AVERAGE310 XCD
HIGH660 XCD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Saint Kitts and Nevis typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,400 XCD with expenditure ranging from 360 XCD and 2,400 XCD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Saint Kitts and Nevis ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 190 XCD with 44 XCD and 320 XCD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 98 XCD to 680 XCD on commuting with 410 XCD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 760 XCD. The cost of groceries can range between 190 XCD to 1,300 XCD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Saint Kitts and Nevis allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 96 XCD to 660 XCD with 390 XCD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 58 XCD to 400 XCD with 240 XCD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 420 XCD per month with 110 XCD being the minimum spent amount and 710 XCD being the maximum.

©copound