Cost Of Living in San Marino

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in San Marino

Whether you're living in San Marino or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
3,600 EUR
average per month
910 EUR
Range
7,700 EUR

Couple
6,800 EUR
average per month
1,400 EUR
Range
11,000 EUR

Family
11,000 EUR
average per month
3,200 EUR
Range
16,000 EUR

Student
2,700 EUR
average per month
460 EUR
Range
5,900 EUR
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in San Marino is 3,600 EUR. Expenses can range from 910 EUR at the minimum level to 7,700 EUR at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in San Marino is 6,800 EUR. Expenditure can range from 1,400 EUR to 11,000 EUR per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in San Marino is 11,000 EUR per month. Families spend anywhere from 3,200 EUR to 16,000 EUR.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in San Marino is 2,700 EUR. Students spend from 460 EUR to 5,900 EUR per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in San Marino

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.91 EUR

0.91 EUR
0.91 EUR

Fast food
combo meal

9.1 EUR

6.5 EUR
15 EUR

Restaurant
meal for one

30 EUR

24 EUR
38 EUR

Fine dining
meal for one

76 EUR

51 EUR
91 EUR

Soda
Soft Drink

0.76 EUR

0.76 EUR
0.76 EUR

Cappuccino
or latte

6.1 EUR

3.8 EUR
9.1 EUR

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

4.6 EUR

3.8 EUR
5.1 EUR

Loaf of
bread

0.65 EUR

0.57 EUR
0.76 EUR

12
eggs

4.6 EUR

3.8 EUR
5.7 EUR

Fresh whole
chicken

11 EUR

8.3 EUR
13 EUR

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

12 EUR

10 EUR
15 EUR

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

6.5 EUR

5.7 EUR
7.6 EUR

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

3.0 EUR

2.5 EUR
3.8 EUR

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

3.3 EUR

2.9 EUR
3.5 EUR

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

3.1 EUR

2.8 EUR
3.5 EUR

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

4.6 EUR

3.8 EUR
9.1 EUR

Average car
full tank

30 EUR

23 EUR
61 EUR

Average car
1-day rental

30 EUR

23 EUR
46 EUR

Average car
price

23,000 EUR

11,000 EUR
30,000 EUR

Bus ticket
one way

1.1 EUR

0.76 EUR
2.3 EUR

Car
Service

46 EUR

30 EUR
91 EUR

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

220 EUR

55 EUR
460 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

270 EUR

68 EUR
550 EUR

Electricity
and water bill
Family

440 EUR

96 EUR
490 EUR

Internet
and cable

46 EUR

23 EUR
61 EUR

Mobile phone
charges

30 EUR

18 EUR
91 EUR

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

15 EUR

11 EUR
23 EUR

One month gym
membership

46 EUR

36 EUR
91 EUR

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

38 EUR

27 EUR
57 EUR

Woman
dress

35 EUR

25 EUR
110 EUR

Woman
shoes

33 EUR

24 EUR
76 EUR

Men
shoes

25 EUR

21 EUR
51 EUR

Men
suit

28 EUR

23 EUR
150 EUR

Regular
t-shirt

15 EUR

11 EUR
46 EUR

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

570 EUR

380 EUR
1,500 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

910 EUR

570 EUR
2,300 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

1,100 EUR

760 EUR
3,000 EUR

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

110,000 EUR

76,000 EUR
230,000 EUR

1-bedroom
apartment

150,000 EUR

91,000 EUR
570,000 EUR

2-bedroom
apartment

460,000 EUR

150,000 EUR
910,000 EUR

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

570 EUR

460 EUR
760 EUR

Double
Bed

460 EUR

300 EUR
570 EUR

Single
Bed

350 EUR

270 EUR
460 EUR

Living
Room

650 EUR

510 EUR
2,300 EUR

Dining
Table

300 EUR

230 EUR
570 EUR

Sofa
or Couch

410 EUR

300 EUR
910 EUR

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

460 EUR

300 EUR
910 EUR

Fridge
or Freezer

410 EUR

270 EUR
570 EUR

Washing
Machine

510 EUR

350 EUR
910 EUR

Stove
or Cooker

410 EUR

330 EUR
570 EUR

Mobile
Phone

460 EUR

380 EUR
650 EUR

Laptop
or Computer

510 EUR

410 EUR
910 EUR

How do people spend their money in San Marino?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in San Marino

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW330 EUR
AVERAGE1,300 EUR
HIGH2,800 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW55 EUR
AVERAGE220 EUR
HIGH460 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW73 EUR
AVERAGE290 EUR
HIGH620 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE580 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW82 EUR
AVERAGE330 EUR
HIGH700 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW46 EUR
AVERAGE180 EUR
HIGH390 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW18 EUR
AVERAGE73 EUR
HIGH150 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW160 EUR
AVERAGE660 EUR
HIGH1,400 EUR
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in San Marino

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW450 EUR
AVERAGE2,300 EUR
HIGH3,600 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW68 EUR
AVERAGE270 EUR
HIGH550 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW160 EUR
AVERAGE820 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW190 EUR
AVERAGE960 EUR
HIGH1,500 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW150 EUR
AVERAGE750 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW82 EUR
AVERAGE410 EUR
HIGH660 EUR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW27 EUR
AVERAGE140 EUR
HIGH220 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW230 EUR
AVERAGE1,200 EUR
HIGH1,900 EUR
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in San Marino

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW1,000 EUR
AVERAGE3,500 EUR
HIGH5,200 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW96 EUR
AVERAGE440 EUR
HIGH490 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW260 EUR
AVERAGE870 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW570 EUR
AVERAGE2,000 EUR
HIGH3,000 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW260 EUR
AVERAGE870 EUR
HIGH1,300 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW160 EUR
AVERAGE550 EUR
HIGH820 EUR
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW450 EUR
AVERAGE1,500 EUR
HIGH2,300 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW380 EUR
AVERAGE1,300 EUR
HIGH2,000 EUR
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in San Marino

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW110 EUR
AVERAGE660 EUR
HIGH1,400 EUR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW18 EUR
AVERAGE110 EUR
HIGH240 EUR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW32 EUR
AVERAGE190 EUR
HIGH410 EUR
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW91 EUR
AVERAGE550 EUR
HIGH1,200 EUR
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW27 EUR
AVERAGE160 EUR
HIGH360 EUR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW23 EUR
AVERAGE140 EUR
HIGH300 EUR
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW87 EUR
AVERAGE520 EUR
HIGH1,100 EUR
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW68 EUR
AVERAGE410 EUR
HIGH890 EUR
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in San Marino typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 1,900 EUR with expenditure ranging from 480 EUR and 3,300 EUR. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in San Marino ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 260 EUR with 59 EUR and 440 EUR being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 130 EUR to 910 EUR on commuting with 540 EUR being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in San Marino is 1,000 EUR. The cost of groceries can range between 250 EUR to 1,700 EUR. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in San Marino allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 130 EUR to 890 EUR with 530 EUR being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 77 EUR to 540 EUR with 320 EUR being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 560 EUR per month with 140 EUR being the minimum spent amount and 950 EUR being the maximum.

©copound