Cost Of Living in Seychelles

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Seychelles

Whether you're living in Seychelles or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
16,000 SCR
average per month
3,900 SCR
Range
34,000 SCR

Couple
30,000 SCR
average per month
5,900 SCR
Range
47,000 SCR

Family
47,000 SCR
average per month
14,000 SCR
Range
71,000 SCR

Student
12,000 SCR
average per month
2,000 SCR
Range
26,000 SCR
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Seychelles is 16,000 SCR. Expenses can range from 3,900 SCR at the minimum level to 34,000 SCR at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Seychelles is 30,000 SCR. Expenditure can range from 5,900 SCR to 47,000 SCR per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Seychelles is 47,000 SCR per month. Families spend anywhere from 14,000 SCR to 71,000 SCR.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Seychelles is 12,000 SCR. Students spend from 2,000 SCR to 26,000 SCR per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Seychelles

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

3.9 SCR

3.9 SCR
3.9 SCR

Fast food
combo meal

39 SCR

28 SCR
66 SCR

Restaurant
meal for one

130 SCR

100 SCR
160 SCR

Fine dining
meal for one

330 SCR

220 SCR
390 SCR

Soda
Soft Drink

3.3 SCR

3.3 SCR
3.3 SCR

Cappuccino
or latte

26 SCR

16 SCR
39 SCR

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

20 SCR

16 SCR
22 SCR

Loaf of
bread

2.8 SCR

2.5 SCR
3.3 SCR

12
eggs

20 SCR

16 SCR
25 SCR

Fresh whole
chicken

46 SCR

36 SCR
56 SCR

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

52 SCR

44 SCR
66 SCR

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

28 SCR

25 SCR
33 SCR

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

13 SCR

11 SCR
16 SCR

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

14 SCR

12 SCR
15 SCR

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

14 SCR

12 SCR
15 SCR

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

20 SCR

16 SCR
39 SCR

Average car
full tank

130 SCR

99 SCR
260 SCR

Average car
1-day rental

130 SCR

99 SCR
200 SCR

Average car
price

99,000 SCR

49,000 SCR
130,000 SCR

Bus ticket
one way

4.9 SCR

3.3 SCR
9.9 SCR

Car
Service

200 SCR

130 SCR
390 SCR

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

950 SCR

240 SCR
2,000 SCR

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

1,200 SCR

300 SCR
2,400 SCR

Electricity
and water bill
Family

1,900 SCR

410 SCR
2,100 SCR

Internet
and cable

200 SCR

99 SCR
260 SCR

Mobile phone
charges

130 SCR

79 SCR
390 SCR

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

66 SCR

49 SCR
99 SCR

One month gym
membership

200 SCR

160 SCR
390 SCR

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

160 SCR

120 SCR
250 SCR

Woman
dress

150 SCR

110 SCR
490 SCR

Woman
shoes

140 SCR

100 SCR
330 SCR

Men
shoes

110 SCR

90 SCR
220 SCR

Men
suit

120 SCR

99 SCR
660 SCR

Regular
t-shirt

66 SCR

49 SCR
200 SCR

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

2,500 SCR

1,600 SCR
6,600 SCR

1-bedroom
apartment

3,900 SCR

2,500 SCR
9,900 SCR

2-bedroom
apartment

4,900 SCR

3,300 SCR
13,000 SCR

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

490,000 SCR

330,000 SCR
990,000 SCR

1-bedroom
apartment

660,000 SCR

390,000 SCR
2,500,000 SCR

2-bedroom
apartment

2,000,000 SCR

660,000 SCR
3,900,000 SCR

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

2,500 SCR

2,000 SCR
3,300 SCR

Double
Bed

2,000 SCR

1,300 SCR
2,500 SCR

Single
Bed

1,500 SCR

1,200 SCR
2,000 SCR

Living
Room

2,800 SCR

2,200 SCR
9,900 SCR

Dining
Table

1,300 SCR

990 SCR
2,500 SCR

Sofa
or Couch

1,800 SCR

1,300 SCR
3,900 SCR

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

2,000 SCR

1,300 SCR
3,900 SCR

Fridge
or Freezer

1,800 SCR

1,200 SCR
2,500 SCR

Washing
Machine

2,200 SCR

1,500 SCR
3,900 SCR

Stove
or Cooker

1,800 SCR

1,400 SCR
2,500 SCR

Mobile
Phone

2,000 SCR

1,600 SCR
2,800 SCR

Laptop
or Computer

2,200 SCR

1,800 SCR
3,900 SCR

How do people spend their money in Seychelles?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Seychelles

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW1,400 SCR
AVERAGE5,700 SCR
HIGH12,000 SCR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW240 SCR
AVERAGE950 SCR
HIGH2,000 SCR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW320 SCR
AVERAGE1,300 SCR
HIGH2,700 SCR
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW630 SCR
AVERAGE2,500 SCR
HIGH5,400 SCR
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW350 SCR
AVERAGE1,400 SCR
HIGH3,000 SCR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW200 SCR
AVERAGE790 SCR
HIGH1,700 SCR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW79 SCR
AVERAGE320 SCR
HIGH670 SCR
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW710 SCR
AVERAGE2,800 SCR
HIGH6,000 SCR
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Seychelles

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW2,000 SCR
AVERAGE9,800 SCR
HIGH16,000 SCR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW300 SCR
AVERAGE1,200 SCR
HIGH2,400 SCR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW710 SCR
AVERAGE3,500 SCR
HIGH5,700 SCR
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW830 SCR
AVERAGE4,100 SCR
HIGH6,600 SCR
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW650 SCR
AVERAGE3,300 SCR
HIGH5,200 SCR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW350 SCR
AVERAGE1,800 SCR
HIGH2,800 SCR
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW120 SCR
AVERAGE590 SCR
HIGH950 SCR
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW1,000 SCR
AVERAGE5,000 SCR
HIGH8,000 SCR
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Seychelles

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW4,400 SCR
AVERAGE15,000 SCR
HIGH23,000 SCR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW410 SCR
AVERAGE1,900 SCR
HIGH2,100 SCR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW1,100 SCR
AVERAGE3,800 SCR
HIGH5,700 SCR
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW2,500 SCR
AVERAGE8,500 SCR
HIGH13,000 SCR
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW1,100 SCR
AVERAGE3,800 SCR
HIGH5,700 SCR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW690 SCR
AVERAGE2,400 SCR
HIGH3,500 SCR
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW1,900 SCR
AVERAGE6,600 SCR
HIGH9,900 SCR
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW1,700 SCR
AVERAGE5,700 SCR
HIGH8,500 SCR
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Seychelles

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW470 SCR
AVERAGE2,800 SCR
HIGH6,200 SCR
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW79 SCR
AVERAGE470 SCR
HIGH1,000 SCR
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW140 SCR
AVERAGE830 SCR
HIGH1,800 SCR
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW390 SCR
AVERAGE2,400 SCR
HIGH5,100 SCR
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW120 SCR
AVERAGE710 SCR
HIGH1,500 SCR
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW99 SCR
AVERAGE590 SCR
HIGH1,300 SCR
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW370 SCR
AVERAGE2,200 SCR
HIGH4,900 SCR
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW300 SCR
AVERAGE1,800 SCR
HIGH3,800 SCR
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Seychelles typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 8,400 SCR with expenditure ranging from 2,100 SCR and 14,000 SCR. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Seychelles ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 1,100 SCR with 260 SCR and 1,900 SCR being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 570 SCR to 4,000 SCR on commuting with 2,400 SCR being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Seychelles is 4,400 SCR. The cost of groceries can range between 1,100 SCR to 7,500 SCR. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Seychelles allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 560 SCR to 3,900 SCR with 2,300 SCR being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 340 SCR to 2,300 SCR with 1,400 SCR being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 2,400 SCR per month with 630 SCR being the minimum spent amount and 4,100 SCR being the maximum.

©copound