Cost Of Living in Turks and Caicos Islands

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Turks and Caicos Islands

Whether you're living in Turks and Caicos Islands or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
1,200 USD
average per month
300 USD
Range
2,500 USD

Couple
2,200 USD
average per month
450 USD
Range
3,600 USD

Family
3,600 USD
average per month
1,000 USD
Range
5,400 USD

Student
900 USD
average per month
150 USD
Range
1,900 USD
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Turks and Caicos Islands is 1,200 USD. Expenses can range from 300 USD at the minimum level to 2,500 USD at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Turks and Caicos Islands is 2,200 USD. Expenditure can range from 450 USD to 3,600 USD per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Turks and Caicos Islands is 3,600 USD per month. Families spend anywhere from 1,000 USD to 5,400 USD.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Turks and Caicos Islands is 900 USD. Students spend from 150 USD to 1,900 USD per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Turks and Caicos Islands

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

0.30 USD

0.30 USD
0.30 USD

Fast food
combo meal

3.0 USD

2.1 USD
5.0 USD

Restaurant
meal for one

10.0 USD

7.9 USD
12 USD

Fine dining
meal for one

25 USD

17 USD
30 USD

Soda
Soft Drink

0.25 USD

0.25 USD
0.25 USD

Cappuccino
or latte

2.0 USD

1.2 USD
3.0 USD

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

1.5 USD

1.2 USD
1.7 USD

Loaf of
bread

0.21 USD

0.19 USD
0.25 USD

12
eggs

1.5 USD

1.2 USD
1.9 USD

Fresh whole
chicken

3.5 USD

2.7 USD
4.3 USD

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

3.9 USD

3.3 USD
5.0 USD

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

2.1 USD

1.9 USD
2.5 USD

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

0.99 USD

0.83 USD
1.2 USD

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

1.1 USD

0.93 USD
1.2 USD

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

1.0 USD

0.90 USD
1.2 USD

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

1.5 USD

1.2 USD
3.0 USD

Average car
full tank

10.0 USD

7.5 USD
20 USD

Average car
1-day rental

10.0 USD

7.5 USD
15 USD

Average car
price

7,500 USD

3,700 USD
9,900 USD

Bus ticket
one way

0.37 USD

0.25 USD
0.75 USD

Car
Service

15 USD

10.0 USD
30 USD

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

72 USD

18 USD
150 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

90 USD

22 USD
180 USD

Electricity
and water bill
Family

140 USD

31 USD
160 USD

Internet
and cable

15 USD

7.5 USD
20 USD

Mobile phone
charges

10.0 USD

6.0 USD
30 USD

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

5.0 USD

3.7 USD
7.5 USD

One month gym
membership

15 USD

12 USD
30 USD

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

12 USD

8.8 USD
19 USD

Woman
dress

11 USD

8.3 USD
37 USD

Woman
shoes

11 USD

7.9 USD
25 USD

Men
shoes

8.3 USD

6.8 USD
17 USD

Men
suit

9.3 USD

7.5 USD
50 USD

Regular
t-shirt

5.0 USD

3.7 USD
15 USD

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

190 USD

120 USD
500 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

300 USD

190 USD
750 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

370 USD

250 USD
990 USD

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

37,000 USD

25,000 USD
75,000 USD

1-bedroom
apartment

50,000 USD

30,000 USD
190,000 USD

2-bedroom
apartment

150,000 USD

50,000 USD
300,000 USD

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

190 USD

150 USD
250 USD

Double
Bed

150 USD

99 USD
190 USD

Single
Bed

110 USD

88 USD
150 USD

Living
Room

210 USD

170 USD
750 USD

Dining
Table

99 USD

75 USD
190 USD

Sofa
or Couch

140 USD

99 USD
300 USD

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

150 USD

99 USD
300 USD

Fridge
or Freezer

140 USD

88 USD
190 USD

Washing
Machine

170 USD

110 USD
300 USD

Stove
or Cooker

140 USD

110 USD
190 USD

Mobile
Phone

150 USD

120 USD
210 USD

Laptop
or Computer

170 USD

140 USD
300 USD

How do people spend their money in Turks and Caicos Islands?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Turks and Caicos Islands

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW110 USD
AVERAGE430 USD
HIGH910 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW18 USD
AVERAGE72 USD
HIGH150 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW24 USD
AVERAGE95 USD
HIGH200 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW48 USD
AVERAGE190 USD
HIGH410 USD
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW27 USD
AVERAGE110 USD
HIGH230 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW15 USD
AVERAGE60 USD
HIGH130 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW6.0 USD
AVERAGE24 USD
HIGH51 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW54 USD
AVERAGE210 USD
HIGH460 USD
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Turks and Caicos Islands

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW150 USD
AVERAGE740 USD
HIGH1,200 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW22 USD
AVERAGE90 USD
HIGH180 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW54 USD
AVERAGE270 USD
HIGH430 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW63 USD
AVERAGE310 USD
HIGH500 USD
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW49 USD
AVERAGE250 USD
HIGH390 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW27 USD
AVERAGE130 USD
HIGH210 USD
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW9.0 USD
AVERAGE45 USD
HIGH72 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW76 USD
AVERAGE380 USD
HIGH610 USD
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Turks and Caicos Islands

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW330 USD
AVERAGE1,100 USD
HIGH1,700 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW31 USD
AVERAGE140 USD
HIGH160 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW84 USD
AVERAGE290 USD
HIGH430 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW190 USD
AVERAGE640 USD
HIGH970 USD
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW84 USD
AVERAGE290 USD
HIGH430 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW52 USD
AVERAGE180 USD
HIGH270 USD
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW150 USD
AVERAGE500 USD
HIGH750 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW130 USD
AVERAGE430 USD
HIGH640 USD
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Turks and Caicos Islands

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW36 USD
AVERAGE210 USD
HIGH470 USD
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW6.0 USD
AVERAGE36 USD
HIGH78 USD
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW10 USD
AVERAGE63 USD
HIGH140 USD
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW30 USD
AVERAGE180 USD
HIGH390 USD
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW9.0 USD
AVERAGE54 USD
HIGH120 USD
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW7.5 USD
AVERAGE45 USD
HIGH97 USD
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW28 USD
AVERAGE170 USD
HIGH370 USD
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW22 USD
AVERAGE130 USD
HIGH290 USD
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Turks and Caicos Islands typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 630 USD with expenditure ranging from 160 USD and 1,100 USD. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Turks and Caicos Islands ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 85 USD with 19 USD and 140 USD being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 43 USD to 300 USD on commuting with 180 USD being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Turks and Caicos Islands is 330 USD. The cost of groceries can range between 82 USD to 570 USD. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Turks and Caicos Islands allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 42 USD to 290 USD with 170 USD being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 25 USD to 180 USD with 100 USD being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 190 USD per month with 47 USD being the minimum spent amount and 310 USD being the maximum.

©copound