Cost Of Living in Uzbekistan

Average monthly spending for singles, couples, and families in Uzbekistan

Whether you're living in Uzbekistan or planning to move there, it is very important to know the cost of living and the prices of things. Here we list the average spending for the three main population groups.

Average Spending Per Month
All-inclusive

Single
1,100,000 UZS
average per month
260,000 UZS
Range
2,300,000 UZS

Couple
2,000,000 UZS
average per month
400,000 UZS
Range
3,200,000 UZS

Family
3,200,000 UZS
average per month
930,000 UZS
Range
4,800,000 UZS

Student
790,000 UZS
average per month
130,000 UZS
Range
1,700,000 UZS
The figures displayed here are inclusive of everything: housing, travel, groceries, healthcare, etc.

Singles

The average monthly expenses for a single person living in Uzbekistan is 1,100,000 UZS. Expenses can range from 260,000 UZS at the minimum level to 2,300,000 UZS at the highest end.

Couples

The average monthly spending of couples in Uzbekistan is 2,000,000 UZS. Expenditure can range from 400,000 UZS to 3,200,000 UZS per month.

Families

The average cost of living for families in Uzbekistan is 3,200,000 UZS per month. Families spend anywhere from 930,000 UZS to 4,800,000 UZS.

Students

The average monthly expenditure for students in Uzbekistan is 790,000 UZS. Students spend from 130,000 UZS to 1,700,000 UZS per month.


Spending behavior can change drastically from one person to another. It is best to consider the minimum, average, and maximum spending together.

Prices and cost of goods and services in Uzbekistan

Dining, food, and beverages costs


Large bottle
of water

260 UZS

260 UZS
260 UZS

Fast food
combo meal

2,600 UZS

1,900 UZS
4,400 UZS

Restaurant
meal for one

8,800 UZS

7,000 UZS
11,000 UZS

Fine dining
meal for one

22,000 UZS

15,000 UZS
26,000 UZS

Soda
Soft Drink

220 UZS

220 UZS
220 UZS

Cappuccino
or latte

1,800 UZS

1,100 UZS
2,600 UZS

Grocery and market costs


Milk
large bottle

1,300 UZS

1,100 UZS
1,500 UZS

Loaf of
bread

190 UZS

170 UZS
220 UZS

12
eggs

1,300 UZS

1,100 UZS
1,700 UZS

Fresh whole
chicken

3,100 UZS

2,400 UZS
3,800 UZS

Beef
1 kg or 1 lb

3,500 UZS

2,900 UZS
4,400 UZS

Rice
1 kg or 1 lb

1,900 UZS

1,700 UZS
2,200 UZS

Tomato
1 kg or 1 lb

880 UZS

740 UZS
1,100 UZS

Apples
1 kg or 1 lb

950 UZS

830 UZS
1,000 UZS

Banana
1 kg or 1 lb

910 UZS

800 UZS
1,000 UZS

Commute, travel, and transportation costs


20 minutes
taxi ride

1,300 UZS

1,100 UZS
2,600 UZS

Average car
full tank

8,800 UZS

6,600 UZS
18,000 UZS

Average car
1-day rental

8,800 UZS

6,600 UZS
13,000 UZS

Average car
price

6,600,000 UZS

3,300,000 UZS
8,800,000 UZS

Bus ticket
one way

330 UZS

220 UZS
660 UZS

Car
Service

13,000 UZS

8,800 UZS
26,000 UZS

Utility cost (monthly)


Electricity
and water bill
Single

64,000 UZS

16,000 UZS
140,000 UZS

Electricity
and water bill
Couple

79,000 UZS

20,000 UZS
160,000 UZS

Electricity
and water bill
Family

130,000 UZS

28,000 UZS
140,000 UZS

Internet
and cable

13,000 UZS

6,600 UZS
18,000 UZS

Mobile phone
charges

8,800 UZS

5,300 UZS
26,000 UZS

Leisure and activities costs


Movie
ticket

4,400 UZS

3,300 UZS
6,600 UZS

One month gym
membership

13,000 UZS

11,000 UZS
26,000 UZS

Cloths and accessories costs


Pair of jeans
or pants

11,000 UZS

7,800 UZS
17,000 UZS

Woman
dress

10,000 UZS

7,400 UZS
33,000 UZS

Woman
shoes

9,500 UZS

7,000 UZS
22,000 UZS

Men
shoes

7,400 UZS

6,000 UZS
15,000 UZS

Men
suit

8,300 UZS

6,600 UZS
44,000 UZS

Regular
t-shirt

4,400 UZS

3,300 UZS
13,000 UZS

Housing costs / monthly rent


Studio
apartment

170,000 UZS

110,000 UZS
440,000 UZS

1-bedroom
apartment

260,000 UZS

170,000 UZS
660,000 UZS

2-bedroom
apartment

330,000 UZS

220,000 UZS
880,000 UZS

Housing costs / Buying


Studio
apartment

33,000,000 UZS

22,000,000 UZS
66,000,000 UZS

1-bedroom
apartment

44,000,000 UZS

26,000,000 UZS
170,000,000 UZS

2-bedroom
apartment

130,000,000 UZS

44,000,000 UZS
260,000,000 UZS

Furniture Costs


King Size
Bed

170,000 UZS

130,000 UZS
220,000 UZS

Double
Bed

130,000 UZS

88,000 UZS
170,000 UZS

Single
Bed

100,000 UZS

78,000 UZS
130,000 UZS

Living
Room

190,000 UZS

150,000 UZS
660,000 UZS

Dining
Table

88,000 UZS

66,000 UZS
170,000 UZS

Sofa
or Couch

120,000 UZS

88,000 UZS
260,000 UZS

Electronics Costs


TV
Set

130,000 UZS

88,000 UZS
260,000 UZS

Fridge
or Freezer

120,000 UZS

78,000 UZS
170,000 UZS

Washing
Machine

150,000 UZS

100,000 UZS
260,000 UZS

Stove
or Cooker

120,000 UZS

95,000 UZS
170,000 UZS

Mobile
Phone

130,000 UZS

110,000 UZS
190,000 UZS

Laptop
or Computer

150,000 UZS

120,000 UZS
260,000 UZS

How do people spend their money in Uzbekistan?

We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are their answers.

The percentage figures in this section are percentages of total spending not income. If you would like to see the percentage of expenses as related to income or salary, see additional sections below.


Single
Spending habits, consumption analysis, and expenditure patterns for a single person living in Uzbekistan

Housing36%

36% of total expenses on average (27% to 42%)

LOW95,000 UZS
AVERAGE380,000 UZS
HIGH810,000 UZS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water6%

6% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW16,000 UZS
AVERAGE64,000 UZS
HIGH140,000 UZS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (3% to 11%)

LOW21,000 UZS
AVERAGE85,000 UZS
HIGH180,000 UZS
Per Month

Food and Groceries16%

16% of total expenses on average (9% to 22%)

LOW42,000 UZS
AVERAGE170,000 UZS
HIGH360,000 UZS
Per Month

Healthcare9%

9% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW24,000 UZS
AVERAGE95,000 UZS
HIGH200,000 UZS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW13,000 UZS
AVERAGE53,000 UZS
HIGH110,000 UZS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW5,300 UZS
AVERAGE21,000 UZS
HIGH45,000 UZS
Per Month

Other Expenses18%

18% of total expenses on average (15% to 21%)

LOW48,000 UZS
AVERAGE190,000 UZS
HIGH410,000 UZS
Per Month


Couple
Average monthly living expenditure breaks and spending patterns for couples in Uzbekistan

Housing33%

33% of total expenses on average (30% to 43%)

LOW130,000 UZS
AVERAGE660,000 UZS
HIGH1,000,000 UZS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 8%)

LOW20,000 UZS
AVERAGE79,000 UZS
HIGH160,000 UZS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel12%

12% of total expenses on average (7% to 15%)

LOW48,000 UZS
AVERAGE240,000 UZS
HIGH380,000 UZS
Per Month

Food and Groceries14%

14% of total expenses on average (7% to 19%)

LOW56,000 UZS
AVERAGE280,000 UZS
HIGH450,000 UZS
Per Month

Healthcare11%

11% of total expenses on average (5% to 14%)

LOW44,000 UZS
AVERAGE220,000 UZS
HIGH350,000 UZS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 10%)

LOW24,000 UZS
AVERAGE120,000 UZS
HIGH190,000 UZS
Per Month

Education2%

2% of total expenses on average (1% to 4%)

LOW7,900 UZS
AVERAGE40,000 UZS
HIGH64,000 UZS
Per Month

Other Expenses17%

17% of total expenses on average (14% to 20%)

LOW68,000 UZS
AVERAGE340,000 UZS
HIGH540,000 UZS
Per Month


Family
Average monthly expenses and break out of spending for families living in Uzbekistan

Housing32%

32% of total expenses on average (27% to 38%)

LOW300,000 UZS
AVERAGE1,000,000 UZS
HIGH1,500,000 UZS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water3%

3% of total expenses on average (2% to 7%)

LOW28,000 UZS
AVERAGE130,000 UZS
HIGH140,000 UZS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel8%

8% of total expenses on average (5% to 10%)

LOW74,000 UZS
AVERAGE250,000 UZS
HIGH380,000 UZS
Per Month

Food and Groceries18%

18% of total expenses on average (12% to 23%)

LOW170,000 UZS
AVERAGE570,000 UZS
HIGH860,000 UZS
Per Month

Healthcare8%

8% of total expenses on average (6% to 12%)

LOW74,000 UZS
AVERAGE250,000 UZS
HIGH380,000 UZS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW46,000 UZS
AVERAGE160,000 UZS
HIGH240,000 UZS
Per Month

Education14%

14% of total expenses on average (11% to 18%)

LOW130,000 UZS
AVERAGE450,000 UZS
HIGH670,000 UZS
Per Month

Other Expenses12%

12% of total expenses on average (8% to 15%)

LOW110,000 UZS
AVERAGE380,000 UZS
HIGH570,000 UZS
Per Month


Student
Cost of living and expense breaks for students in Uzbekistan

Housing24%

24% of total expenses on average (18% to 31%)

LOW32,000 UZS
AVERAGE190,000 UZS
HIGH410,000 UZS
Per Month

Utilities, Electricity, Water4%

4% of total expenses on average (3% to 7%)

LOW5,300 UZS
AVERAGE32,000 UZS
HIGH69,000 UZS
Per Month

Transport, Fuel7%

7% of total expenses on average (5% to 9%)

LOW9,300 UZS
AVERAGE56,000 UZS
HIGH120,000 UZS
Per Month

Food and Groceries20%

20% of total expenses on average (16% to 24%)

LOW26,000 UZS
AVERAGE160,000 UZS
HIGH340,000 UZS
Per Month

Healthcare6%

6% of total expenses on average (3% to 9%)

LOW7,900 UZS
AVERAGE48,000 UZS
HIGH100,000 UZS
Per Month

Leisure, Shopping5%

5% of total expenses on average (2% to 9%)

LOW6,600 UZS
AVERAGE40,000 UZS
HIGH86,000 UZS
Per Month

Education19%

19% of total expenses on average (17% to 24%)

LOW25,000 UZS
AVERAGE150,000 UZS
HIGH330,000 UZS
Per Month

Other Expenses15%

15% of total expenses on average (12% to 17%)

LOW20,000 UZS
AVERAGE120,000 UZS
HIGH260,000 UZS
Per Month
This section breaks down and compares expenses for all population groups: singles, couples, students, and families. If you want to see details for a specific group, please see the previous section. We asked thousands of people about their spending habits and expenditure breaks. Below are the results.

Housing Expenditure

People living in Uzbekistan typically spend from 26% to 39% of their total monthly expenditure on housing with 31% being the average. The average spend on housing is 560,000 UZS with expenditure ranging from 140,000 UZS and 950,000 UZS. This cost mainly goes for rent but it also includes other accommodation-related expenses. Housing costs are highest for families and lowest for students as expected.

Utility Bills and Payments

On average, utility expenditure like electricity, water, and gas in Uzbekistan ranges from 2% to 8% of total expenses with 5% being the the average. The average monthly cost of utilities is 76,000 UZS with 17,000 UZS and 130,000 UZS being the upper and lower limits.

Transportation Cost and Fuel Consumption

Fuel consumption and cost of transport depend heavily on whether you live near your work or school, but roughly speaking you would expect to spend from 38,000 UZS to 270,000 UZS on commuting with 160,000 UZS being the norm for most people in one month. This means that money spent on transport constitutes about 9% of total spending on average but can go as low as 5% or as high as 11%.

Cost of Food and Groceries

The average outlay on groceries in a month in Uzbekistan is 290,000 UZS. The cost of groceries can range between 73,000 UZS to 500,000 UZS. People spend on average about 17% on food and groceries with upper and lower bounds of 11% and 17% respectively.

Cost of Healthcare and Medical Services

People in Uzbekistan allocate 5% to 12% of their total monthly expenditure to healthcare including health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses. The average spending is around 9%. The range of medical expenses range from 37,000 UZS to 260,000 UZS with 150,000 UZS being the norm.

Leisure and Shopping

This category mostly contains discretionary or non-essential expenses but also some non-discretionary spending like furniture for example. The monthly expenses range from 23,000 UZS to 160,000 UZS with 93,000 UZS being the average. Speaking of percentages, that equates to 2% to 9% of total expenses with an average of 5% for most residents.

Cost of Education and Schooling

Spending on education can vary drastically between different people. While working singles can spend 0% on education, families and students' expenditure can reach up to 22%. On average, education constitutes 9% of the monthly expenditure with 8% and 13% being the lower and upper bounds respectively. The average reported education cost is 160,000 UZS per month with 42,000 UZS being the minimum spent amount and 280,000 UZS being the maximum.

©copound